camouflage paint

billbro68

Cadet
I want to paint my 14 ft jon "camoulage". Anybody got any tips on HOW. I saw a 12 footer on-line the other day that looked great but I can't remember where to find it. I think camo paint might hide some of the dings on the bow that were there when I bought it. Seems like I'm always asking for help from you guys but I ain't bright enuff to return the favor but I do thank all. Billbro

D

DJ

Re: camouflage paint

billbro,<br /><br />When I've painted things camo, I just used olive grab (green) paint and used flat black or brown to add the "camo" look. You can make your own design.

Beaux

Petty Officer 1st Class

billbro-<br />Djohns has the right idea. One extra thing I have seen that I liked on the "shady" camo jobs. After a lightly sprayed brown or green basecoat that has dried, and before adding other colors, lay a few leafs/grass blades on the hull. THen spray on your secondary colors. Peel off the leaves before it dries and WHOILA!!! It would make the Real Tree guys jealous. If you don't place a basecoat, the design will stand out a LOT more if you leave the bare metal hull underneath, but I like it dulled. A "fancy boy" camo job that costs nothing but a few dead leaves. I have seen some nice looking jobs done this way. Good Luck! :cool:

If there is a Home Depot around, they have camo paint, Wal-Mart may even have it. A friend of mine held a stalk from a plant with leaves on it and sprayed around it. It really looked good.<br /><br />Mark

Bondo

Staff member

14' Hhhhmmmmm, I'd say about 8 spraycans of your choice of colors.... spray away.... If it needs a touch-up, Nobody will ever know.... Rustolium Sticks Real Well.....

Seaboo2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

check out: ranger bbs and at the bottom of the page (under exterior) there are a couple links to camo sites that show the patterns, sizes, colors, ect. Have fun.