colored aluminum

texsguns

Seaman
ok folks things are fallin in place nicely w my lil ole boat now i gots a new question ive lined the top of boat w/1/4 in oak vinear and stained in a dark mohagany looks very sweet heres my lil prob (trim aluminum angle) that is molded to boat shape does not seem to be duplicated much less matched to exact style ive duffed it to remove scratches/dents and other inperfections from it however the finished which was a gold tone which is what made it look sweet w/the mohagany wood is gone ive been told this is called anoide IS THIS PROCESS STILL DONE??? im a painter and dont think paint would look as nice thanks for all the opinions out there TEXSGUNS @AOL.COM

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer
Re: colored aluminum

I belive what your talking about is called anodized (sp?) aluminium. They still do it, but for your particular use I couldn't begin to tell you where to look or cost factors. I hope this in some small way helps. <br /> <br /> Dale

texsguns

Seaman

WELL IFFIN ITS STILL DONE IT OFFERS A LIL HOPE LOL THANKS L M V

Homerr

Commander

The company I work for has an anodizing facility. We do all sorts of colors. I haven't personally worked in that part of the company.<br /><br />There are a few anodizing places around where I live that do many colors, custom as well.<br /><br />Shop around, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a place that will fix you up.<br /><br />H.