Why do you suppose the factory did this...

Homerr

Commander
Go to my project page and look at the 4th. picture down (left side of picture). The link is at the bottom of this post.<br /><br />Do you notice the plywood sandwitched between the stringers? Is this is some sort of secondary floor? <br /><br />Looks like the factory placed an additional 2x6 'step' above the stringers.<br /><br />I was thinking of leaving this out, but I was wondering if there is a reason it is there?<br /><br />The only thing that is directly connected to this 'second floor' is the supports for the main deck itself. I can just make these longer.<br /><br />Maybe the second floor gives strength to the sides of the boat?<br /><br />It just seems a waste of space to have this second floor in there. Not to mention the additional glass, resin, plywood, and work involved.<br /><br />This is a rather large boat, and has lots of room, but as the boat world goes, you always manage to run out of space! <br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />H.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Why do you suppose the factory did this...

My best Guess would be "floatation chambers" ????<br />I've had smaller boats that had these features.... Of course by the time I get the boat, They're Water chambers, Instead of Air chambers....