insurance for boat/motor how much???

texsguns

Seaman
how mush is a 1972 model well running profesionally painted 40 hp motor worth and how do i put a value on a 58 aluminun rexcraft that was purchased for 150.00 but put lots of effort and by the time its finished will have about 1500 in additions such as new seats/tons of gadgets/replaced original parts etc etc or am i otta luck any opinions???

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: insurance for boat/motor how much???

Hi Larry:.. I would look for a policy that has an "Agreed Value".... This might be difficult to get in your case, but I'm not sure...<br /><br /> Basicly what Agreed Value means is in the case of the boat being a total loss the policy would pay the amount that you agreed with at the time you purchased the policy... Keep All your recepts for all the "gadgets" and figure out what you spent... Take plenty of pictures for use as a future reference... ;)

Beaux

Petty Officer 1st Class

Larry- my wife is an attorney for a very large insurance company which I will not name but the jingle goes "like a good neighbor......" ;) I asked her for you and she reports that you will want a "stated value" policy, however, there is a big catch. You are still going to have to get a "professional" survey/estimate that coincides with what you are asking for in policy limits. They run into this often with antique cars,etc. Hope that helps<br /> Beaux

texsguns

Seaman

it does beaux it just so happens i use the same folks w/that jingle lol to get folks togive me same value (decent figure) who would do that???any ideas thanks again

Beaux

Petty Officer 1st Class

my resident insurance expert is out shopping!!! :p I will find out for you. This is my suggestion not hers: you may wnat to contact your agent and ask where he sends out boats for marine surveys. I wouldnt think you would have to tell him the whole "undervalued" story yet, just go to that dealer/estimator/surveyor and get a ballpark. I agree w/snapper that those receipts could definitely help. anyway, i will find out for you about who they use for such an estimate...hopefully not a company auto estimator who uses a NADA guide as his bible!! LOL :D

schemer

Recruit

I have a 2002 bayStealth 45 a month full coverage with the good hands people u shouldnt pay more