wiring up my boat with lights and pump and accessories

fisho

Recruit
i need to know how to wire up with a separate battery accessories such as nav lights and pump to keep my fishlive in the live bait tank i want also to be able to have one battery charging the other while i am out at sea... i have a 16 .5 runabout with halk cabin 70h/p on the back i hvae switches and all the gear to install but no knowlage how to do it...earthing etc@ please can some one help me thanks colin :D

crab bait

Captain
Re: wiring up my boat with lights and pump and accessories

thats too much to answer...<br />a hot wire from battery to each switch. then from the switch to each apparatus... with a in-line fuse in the line.. then from each apparatus ( thing ) take a wire to the battery negitive terminal, ( earth/ground)... good luck...

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander
Re: wiring up my boat with lights and pump and accessories

There are more good ways to go. Sometimes you have to adjust the original plan along the way.<br /><br />Equipment designed for marine use should be chosen.<br /><br />One simple way is to have a (quite heavy) wire from the battery positive to a bank of fuses - feeding 'em all. Then connect each device positive to a fuse on the bank, preferably via a switch. The negative wires from the devices can be connected to a common.<br /><br />If you want to install advanced gear that controls each other by corresponding power and relays, some additional wiring (diodes) may be needed.<br /><br />There are battery managing devices, that separates a starting battery from another (for all other devices) while engine is not running. Once running (charging) it first charges the starting battery and then charges the next. This way your starting battery is always first priority and protected from discharge.