Looking for Project Boat on Long Island, NY

FreeBeeTony

Captain
I am looking for a procet boat on LI,NY.<br />Would like a 20-22' Cuddy Cabin (outboard).<br />Anyone know of a slavage yard or marina on LI for something like this?<br /><br />Thanks........

Jhall

Cadet
Re: Looking for Project Boat on Long Island, NY

FreeBeeTony:<br />I saw you were interested in the Formula 233's. I just saw another one that needs some work, it's in Niantic, CT (close to the New London Ferry) I don't know if it's for sale but I could give you the number of the shop that it's at if you want.

FreeBeeTony

Captain

would prefer something a little more local..but thanks anyway!

f_inscreenname

Commander

I think I got the best salvage boat out of Long Island. Got it from a old Capt that lived in Copaique. He said he would have gave it to one of the local kids if he knew they were going to fix it. No takers. There lose my luck. I wanted it so bad I payed $800.00 on E-Bay. Theres's a place (e-bay)to start. Then almost two years to restore it. Theres a picture "had to post a picture" on backyard/project boats.

Firewood

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I picked my Formula out on the east end. There are so many boats just sitting around rotting away out here, Lots of time you can pick up them up for free. I paid a few bucks for mine but, It has a galvanized dualaxle trailer,mercruiser with one season on it, and its a Formula. The first boat I redid was a 19' crestliner, what a difference in the craftsmanship. The Formula makes my other boat look like a pile of ^#&&%!<br />So I have to reccomend you buy a (quality) junk boat. LOL

Firewood

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I check on that Formula for you-<br />looks like a 1970- 233, not a project really, its ready to go with a trailer, I/O power. It has a for sale sign on it. It's called "leaping Lizard" its at southwest marine,631 281-8244.<br />Like I said there is 2 dozen boats there that qualify for project boats. Give em a call.