1976 Tom Boy Boat, 1976 40 HP Johnson Outboard and who knows what Trailer

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-27828-Headliner-Adhesive-Aerosol/dp/B000HBNU9K

81TVHEJIKZL._SL1500_.jpg

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
talk about grab i tried to yank some today as a test , it wasnt budging also soaked in water for a hour still didint budge then used a heat gun and only after carpet started melting did it budge , im pretty happy about it :)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
talk about grab i tried to yank some today as a test , it wasnt budging also soaked in water for a hour still didint budge then used a heat gun and only after carpet started melting did it budge , im pretty happy about it :)

Interesting. I wonder how it stacks up to 3M spray adhesives? I will have to check out their MSDS sheet between the two and see what the difference is. Thanks for posting it.

Oh do you spray just one side or part and then apply, or do you have to spray both parts and attach?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
That looks like some serious glue. Permatex makes some sticky stuff. Hate when I get it on my hands.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Haven't seen the permatex boefore. I used 3M super 90 on mine, sprayed it on both sides, works great!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Haven't seen the permatex boefore. I used 3M super 90 on mine, sprayed it on both sides, works great!

Arch, I actually have some 3M contact spray glues like that in the chemical cabinet. I may have to do a test before jumping into the carpet install, and see what works the better. I have enough scrapes laying around to do such tests. JMHO

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well I didn't do any carpet tests yet, but I did make my ground buss setup.

Since almost all the positive wires are controlled via a single master switch and then daisy-chained to each other circuit, a ground buss bar was needed more then a positive buss setup. So I designed what I thought I would need and made it today. And while it looks simple, and it really is, it takes a while to cut, drill tap each hole for the connection and then make a little setup to poly it to the boat. :joyous:

I can tell you BRASS bar is expensive. And I wanted to use brass bar for all the buss bars I'll need. But seems like they are adding Gold in the mixture for the price of them. I also ordered brass screws as well. Their price really wasn't too bad unless I bought them locally at big box stores. :eek:

Anyway, the first one is ready to install now. What do you all thing? Looks like a lot of connections, and it is, but when you see all the wires that have to be connected, the terminals get used up pretty quick. However, If I need more connections, I can add two per screw connection if need be. I also left some thread sectiom sitting high in case I need to put a cover over the buss bar. We'll see and then cut off what is not needed.

And since I am labeling each wire, you can remove one without bothering any other circuit. I like that setup myself.

As you can see the ground buss has to work with the master panel and a few others.

Attachments

• photo306908.jpg
    photo306908.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo306909.jpg
    photo306909.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo306910.jpg
    photo306910.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo306911.jpg
    photo306911.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo306912.jpg
    photo306912.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo306913.jpg
    photo306913.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 0

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Interesting. I wonder how it stacks up to 3M spray adhesives? I will have to check out their MSDS sheet between the two and see what the difference is. Thanks for posting it.

Oh do you spray just one side or part and then apply, or do you have to spray both parts and attach?

spray both sides wait 5 to 7 minutes and be sure you stick it right the first time:)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
spray both sides wait 5 to 7 minutes and be sure you stick it right the first time:)

Thanks for the reply. I am going to try some and the 3M and the Weldwood glues on some test pieces and see how they work. Never too old to learn something new....I think.:noidea:

YES sphelps, I really do think out things, some times to excess. That IS just one of my slow working habits and projects as well. I always want to do things to the best I can. But that makes the projects take multiple times longer then it should. A bad habit I have.

Didn't get too much done of the boat today. I install that ground buss bar and then worked on the sand blaster cabinet. I installed a foot controlled valve so when I am doing some long blasting sections, my hands doing get cramped up. :violin:

Then I refilled an ink cartridge for the Epson printer. I bought the inks and decided I would try to fill the black cartridge instead of buying another $30 one to last for a few prints. I also ordered a cartridge reset device to see if that works. If it does, you know I have to open it up to see what's inside. That is another one of my problems. I have to see how everything works.

Has anybody ever has any success doing that?:decision:

oldrem

Commander
Thanks for the reply. I am going to try some and the 3M and the Weldwood glues on some test pieces and see how they work. Never too old to learn something new....I think.:noidea:

YES sphelps, I really do think out things, some times to excess. That IS just one of my slow working habits and projects as well. I always want to do things to the best I can. But that makes the projects take multiple times longer then it should. A bad habit I have.

Didn't get too much done of the boat today. I install that ground buss bar and then worked on the sand blaster cabinet. I installed a foot controlled valve so when I am doing some long blasting sections, my hands doing get cramped up. :violin:

Then I refilled an ink cartridge for the Epson printer. I bought the inks and decided I would try to fill the black cartridge instead of buying another $30 one to last for a few prints. I also ordered a cartridge reset device to see if that works. If it does, you know I have to open it up to see what's inside. That is another one of my problems. I have to see how everything works.

Has anybody ever has any success doing that?:decision:

The reset devices are usually molded so you can't take them apart. If you get the one specifically for your cartridge it should work. Most cartridges can be refilled a couple times before you have to replace them anyway.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
oldrem, The reset devices are usually molded so you can't take them apart. If you get the one specifically for your cartridge it should work. Most cartridges can be refilled a couple times before you have to replace them anyway.

Your know molded one piece plastic is easy to open up. And for the merger cost, I will get into it. I mean since they cost so little, I have to know what is inside. Can't have much of any circuit for the cost.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Ugh, I hate printer cartridges every time I shell out $1000 for a set for my plotter! And clients wonder why I charge for printing!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Yeah you think the plotter is expensive till you get the ink bill lol! I swear that is how they make money on all printers!

zool

Captain
Yeah you think the plotter is expensive till you get the ink bill lol! I swear that is how they make money on all printers!

Many moons ago my IT teacher told us the way to shop for printers was to price the ink 1st, then match it to the printer.

I tried the inkjet self fill thing once and made a big mess, now I just buy generics on ebay for pennies on the dollar.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I actually watched a video on printers and replacement ink. It was an eye opener for sure. They actually sell the printers for less then it cost to manufacture them. And then they make their money on the ink cartridges.

The typical small $30 ink cartridge actually cost less then a dollar to make. And the manufacturers control everything about the cartridge to make you buy them when they are not empty. And they purposely use the other colored inks mixed with black when it prints only black to make the color cartridges empty quicker as well.

And the cartridges have sensors inside that one exposed to air, they fuse open making the cartridge useless for refills via the customers because the printer can't recognize the cartridge anymore. The software also posts random messages that the cartridge head needs cleaned and that uses the ink up really fast.

Yes, it really is a scam and should be looked into. But since it is of such meager cost, that will never ever happen. I really wish I could down-load the software and hack it to eliminate those issue that would allow the consumer to refill the ink and carry on. I can dream can't I? :rolleyes: