1976 Tom Boy Boat, 1976 40 HP Johnson Outboard and who knows what Trailer

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
To bad you didn’t have them ready when the market was so hot a while back . . Could have made a bundle probably..
A few weeks ago we had our mothers house under contract and was a few days away from closing .
I was headed to work early one morning . I have to pass by the house to get into town ..
Fire trucks were at the front and my moms house was completely burned down . We had just had all the inspections done and everything.. Pretty strange circumstances if you ask me ..

gm280

Supreme Mariner
To bad you didn’t have them ready when the market was so hot a while back . . Could have made a bundle probably..
A few weeks ago we had our mothers house under contract and was a few days away from closing .
I was headed to work early one morning . I have to pass by the house to get into town ..
Fire trucks were at the front and my moms house was completely burned down . We had just had all the inspections done and everything.. Pretty strange circumstances if you ask me ..
WOW, did you find out what caused that fire? That would certainly be a game changer for sure...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Good New Years to everyone. I think I see a very little light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, and hoping it isn't a train either. I am actually typing this via the new computer so the words probably seem even more screwed up than usual. Different size keyboard is going to take some time to get used to. However, we are today hopefully going to put the three homes on the market to sell today! No we didn't finish refurbishing them, but we are tired now, and whatever we get out of them is perfectly fine with us now.
So with that going on, I can possibly get back to the infamous boat project and finish it up. That is the plan anyways. So maybe I will be posting on this project again with finished news... Wish me luck...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Hello all. I was wondering if any one on these forums were using Lithium type batteries in the cranking and/or trolling motor positions? And if so, how are they working and holding up? Are they worth the money? I need to but two batteries now and was just wondering if they offered more power for a longer time for the money...

eggs712

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all. I was wondering if any one on these forums were using Lithium type batteries in the cranking and/or trolling motor positions? And if so, how are they working and holding up? Are they worth the money? I need to but two batteries now and was just wondering if they offered more power for a longer time for the money...
The price has kept me from buying a lithium battery thus far, but they have several times the lifespan of a good AGM battery. On something like a trolling motor or house battery, the deep discharge should damage the lithium battery much less than lead-acid (no sulfate crystals). Plus, the performance of lithium doesn't have a steady drop-off as the battery discharges, so your trolling motor would perform as if with a fresh battery for most of the charge.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
The price has kept me from buying a lithium battery thus far, but they have several times the lifespan of a good AGM battery. On something like a trolling motor or house battery, the deep discharge should damage the lithium battery much less than lead-acid (no sulfate crystals). Plus, the performance of lithium doesn't have a steady drop-off as the battery discharges, so your trolling motor would perform as if with a fresh battery for most of the charge.
Actually reading so many other battery powered issue, golf carts in particularly, they go a loonnngggg way and offer a lot more available amperage as well... But wasn't sure about cranking and trolling usages in a boat. Seems they would be great. But actual experience is the only way to verify that assumption. That was why the question, to see if others have tried them and offered their experience. Thanks for your reply!

RLtomboy

Recruit
I recently got my dad’s jon boat running again after decades of neglect and have moved on to my grandads old tomboy. I stumbled across this thread researching for what’s to come. Thank you so much for documenting this process. It will be invaluable in my effort to restore my grandfathers boat, one that I first fished off of and hopefully soon to take my son out on. I put off the urge to go out and buy a new boat and am devoting my money and energy into keeping a part of my past alive, a Georgia boat as well.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I recently got my dad’s jon boat running again after decades of neglect and have moved on to my grandads old tomboy. I stumbled across this thread researching for what’s to come. Thank you so much for documenting this process. It will be invaluable in my effort to restore my grandfathers boat, one that I first fished off of and hopefully soon to take my son out on. I put off the urge to go out and buy a new boat and am devoting my money and energy into keeping a part of my past alive, a Georgia boat as well.
I have to say I still have to finish with my TomBoy project. I haven't forgotten about it. Just other things took priority and now those issues are out of the way. So hopefully I can finish it and start fishing as well. Of course I will post the finish progress right on here... Post yours and we all can see how it is coming...