non skid product for boats

screenbuzz

Seaman
a product called durabak looks to be the best product for the job. it comes in about fithteen different colors also comes in a speckled terrazzo color. have not used the product yet but will be soon. after visiting the durabak web site i must say i'm sold on this product. http://www.nonslipcoating.com

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: non skid product for boats

Sounds interesting. If anyone uses this soon then let me know. I'm looking at putting a new non-slip surface on part of the deck of my steel boat. <br /><br />I was going to use this roduct:<br />US Paint Griptex Non-Skid Additive<br /><br />Has anyone used the US Paint Griptex? I at least feel comfortable in that many manufacturers use their paint. If so, please say what types of boats...workboat, fishing, ski boat etc..<br /><br />- bayman

smalloutboardsarecool

Petty Officer 2nd Class

try tridmaster nonskid you lay it with epoxy looks great, I don;t have it thought :( So I can tell you how well it holds up.!

bayman

Thanks sailboaty. This looks really sharp, unlike something that would be painted on. They have different patterns and colors too. <br /><br />So far I have found this site which is in the UK. It's good and informative.<br /><br />Treadmaster <br /> <br /><br />- bayman

Firewood

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just got some info and a sample piece of the Durbak. It basically looks like Rhino lining. Seems like nice stuff. I was quoted a price of $120 gallon for white. I plan on using shortly.<br />I will update on it.

cvlngineer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just sprinkled some sand on my boat floor, between coats of paint. It turned out very nice, unless you plan on walking barefoot in your boat! (c;<br /><br />cvlngineer

Red Rider

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Crushed walnut shell works great. You mix the walnut shell with epoxie paint and brush it on. The shell floats to the top. I can't remember the name of the company that makes it, but something like Progressive Expoxy. I am going to have to find out as they also make an aluminum based paint that is even better at waterproofing wood on boats than epoxie is.

bayman

I'm not sure how "non-slip" this is but I think it's interesting. This company came out with solar panels that you can walk on. They are even aiming it at the small powerboat market. The product won an award from the NMMA too.<br /><br /> http://www.solaraenergy.com/Solara_AwardRelease.html <br /><br />Usually I stay away from really new products that haven't stood the test of time. I like the idea of getting more redundancy built in. That way I'll be less dependent on engines and shore power. That means more time on the water too.<br /><br />Thoughts? Anyone seen anything like this in action?<br /><br />- bayman