Damaged Hull -- Pictures

Peter9Do

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Damaged Hull -- Pictures

WoodonGlass, do you think I have a plan? Of course not, lol! I'm going to go with a lot of resin and lay out some glass the best I can with a little praying... It kind of works out where it is because I'll be putting a nice layer of PB down under the transom between the gap, so it can't hurt to patch that hole a little with some fibers before I PB it.

TC, here I though you were well ahead of me now and you're telling me I've caught up to you? I'm still puzzled on the stringers, do you intend on glassing in the transom before you cut the stringers? By the way, what kind of adhesive did you use for your Transom, to combine the 2 pieces of wood?

Well, today I was cut down and sanded the stringer walls to prep it up for the new stringers I managed to put a little cut into the hull with my oscillating tool, so I will need yet another little patch... oh well. As you can tell from the pictures we are all trimmed up and sanded now to get on the way to the stringers! This should be fun! If anyone has any pointers for the stringers, I'm all ears or eyes I guess. Also, I just about have the money together to put my order into US Composites, I should have that all ordered in the next week or so, looking forward to getting all my glass!

2013-07-07_16-23-32_731.jpg 2013-07-07_16-23-39_771.jpg

tallcanadian

Captain

I used PL Premium to glue the two pieces together. With that, it will never come apart. I attached the new wood the the transom skin with PB. Then went ahead and fiberglassed the transom in. I will fiberglass the stringers to the transom when the time comes. I expect you to have your boat floating before I get to that stage. My boat is 3 hours away and I can only work on it when I go there. lol. It's gonna be a long process.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

P9D,

For the hole, I'd recommend, Duct tape the outside to hold the patch you'll be doing on the inside. PB the inside to fill the hole then a layer of CSM, followed by a larger layer of 1708 that extended up the transom wall and on the bottom of the deck and then One more larger layer of 1708. On the outside grind and bevel and lay it up with CSM and 1708. It will be good as new.

Peter9Do

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in some time... I haven't been able to work on the boat either. It's been a rough winter and to cold to be fiberglassing. So, everything is pretty much on hold until this weather breaks. I have saved up enough money to drop on the supplies needed for the repair, so come spring I will be on the move to getting this project completed! I just wanted to check in with you guys to see how everyone is and to let you know I have NOT given up. Hope all is well with you guys! TC how is that monster coming along?

tallcanadian

Captain

Mine too is wrapped up for the winter and is buried under a ton of snow. However, the deck is done and I put the cap back on until spring. Everything is fitted perfect. Just a couple more pieces to glass, some gelcoat and she will be good to go. I got the carpet last week. I have some new wheels, tires and 5 stud hubs ordered. Should be here in a couple of weeks. I have a lead on some power trim components. Now I wait.... tick tock....grumble, gripe, shovel snow...tick tock..

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Glad to see you are still "in the game", so to speak...:)
Hope Old Man Winter releases his grip on all of you iced in Iboaters, soon...
Gets kind of lonely being one of the few with warm, mild, sunny days, all the time...:rolleyes:
Gus:D