1967 Sea Nymph, 14'

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1967 Sea Nymph, 14'

4 rivets in it should hold.
513.jpg

Sorry about the last picture it snowed on me.
514.jpg

I'm about done with winter. I WANT SOFT WATER.

All 3 chines (is that what they are) are cracked. I'll do them all with closed end pop rivets. Then either braze or JB Weld. Knowing my fascination with fire it will probably be the brazing rod. I've worked in 5 different foundries, I love molten metal. haha

I know it's not much progress but it's some and that makes me happy. My next house is going to have a 3 car garage in it.

I hope everyone is doing OK and good luck on your projects.
Don

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Man Oh Man, that's the worst case of Boat Dandruff I've ever seen!!!:laugh:

Maybe you should get some of this for your boat...

dandruff.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I know it's not much progress but it's some and that makes me happy. My next house is going to have a 3 car garage in it.

Hard getting work done when you have run a plow truck over the boat. :lol: Molten metal will warm things up a little bit. I want a shed like MichaelP built. :)

dozerII

Admiral

Run her up here Don I am practicing with my aluminum spool gun:facepalm: and we will se if we can fix it or make it worse.;)

GA_Boater

Run her up here Don I am practicing with my aluminum spool gun:facepalm: and we will se if we can fix it or make it worse.;)

Better be fixed, Glen. Zach is turning into a trained kick butt machine. :joyous:

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Man Oh Man, that's the worst case of Boat Dandruff I've ever seen!!!:laugh:

Maybe you should get some of this for your boat...

dandruff.jpg
Oklahoma gets snow, I got relatives in Shawnee, and Dale, and Tecumseh.

I need to get a welder. The brazing works surprisingly well though. Welding or brazing there is a learning curve and always a chance to make it worse!

Better be fixed, Glen. Zach is turning into a trained kick butt machine. :joyous:
He's all ready threatened to take me down when he get's his black belt! Raising an autistic child is different. lol He's always thanking me for this boat, so it's all worth it.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

OK, I need a trailer for this boat. The trailer that was on the Sea Scamp is a bit too short si I sold it with the 12 footer. I'm not seeing a lot of $100 trailers around here. Some for $250 and $300. Also a few for 16 foot boats. These come with the complimentary rotted out glasser which will need to be saws-alled.

How do I know if a trailer is too big? I see a couple of 16' trailers for sale. My boat is 62" wide and just under 14'. How do I measure a trailer to fit? I'm starting to get a little desparate, spring's a commin'.

Harbor freight $400, Haul-Master - item#5002. %20 off plus 6% sales tax=$340.:grumpy:
image_11256.jpg

GA_Boater

Got any of the HF coupons? Might be able to save a few more $$.. Here is a link for some that expire tomorrow, 20% off instore sales over $100. stepup You could make that one work. It's a light boat and maybe a little different bunk set-up is all.

I should learn to read better, looks like you got the 20%.

64osby

Admiral

Buy this and sell the boat for $100 - 150 12 foot v bottom fishing boat

or small road trip and dicker, this hasn't been on the road for years looking at the plate. boat trailer

Glad to see ya back at it. The white stuff has been lingering. Makes it hard to work outside even with the big solar heater you installed.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Measure from the bottom of the stern at the keel line to the bow at the bow eye. On the trailer measure from the rear of the bunks to the bow bumper. If they match and the trailer is rated for the weight then you're good to go

Banker Ed

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Don, when you posted a few post on my "paint stripper" thread, I didn't realize that you were re-working a 14' Sea Nymph almost identical to my 14' Arkansas Traveler, until I stumbled on the thread. If I get out on the water with mine, I will need a motor. Your CL listings for motors appear to be more cost friendly than here in my area. I have a friend that has a small Scott Atwater that I can pick up pretty cheap but it's a little too small. My boat calls for up to a 25 hp. and your boat measurments are almost identical to mine. I did talk with someone that said the 4 strok 25 hp are so much heavyer than a 2 strok that a 4 strok 25 hp may be to heavy. Since you mentioned putting a casting deck on yours, I may consider one as well. Ed Bell

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Don, when you posted a few post on my "paint stripper" thread, I didn't realize that you were re-working a 14' Sea Nymph almost identical to my 14' Arkansas Traveler, until I stumbled on the thread. If I get out on the water with mine, I will need a motor. Your CL listings for motors appear to be more cost friendly than here in my area. I have a friend that has a small Scott Atwater that I can pick up pretty cheap but it's a little too small. My boat calls for up to a 25 hp. and your boat measurments are almost identical to mine. I did talk with someone that said the 4 strok 25 hp are so much heavyer than a 2 strok that a 4 strok 25 hp may be to heavy. Since you mentioned putting a casting deck on yours, I may consider one as well. Ed Bell

Check out the thread I had going in the Johnny/Rude forum.
http://forums.iboats.com/johnson-evinrude-outboards/lets-talk-big-twin-speeditwin-584026.html

I'm going back and forth on the casting deck. Right now I'm leaning towards just pretty this boat up and go fishing. Then I'll finish up the Offshore.

Here's a casting deck Ed. This guy did a good job.
http://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23315&start=165

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Got any of the HF coupons? Might be able to save a few more $$.. Here is a link for some that expire tomorrow, 20% off instore sales over $100. stepup You could make that one work. It's a light boat and maybe a little different bunk set-up is all.

I should learn to read better, looks like you got the 20%.

I never leave home without at least one 20% off HF coupon in my wallet.;) But thanks for thinking of us GA.

Ok 64osby, 2 solid leads there. Now it's going to snow all week here. I shudder to think if I bring another boat home, even if it's only temporary. Might have to do it though. Thanks for the leads.

64osby

Admiral

What Snow! You live in Northern Country. That's not an excuse for not picking up a good deal.:lalala:

Now SWMBO:rant: is legit :D

Banker Ed

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Don't know how you keep up with several threads. That casting deck on that one thread was neat. I liked the way he brought it back under the seat with a notch for it. I was noticing one of my seats is an old piece of HVAC duct work. I just noticed that today. I have had the boat several months but it has been upside down a bit. I've only got one more pannel to go on stripping the outside. Man that was a process. Thanks for all of the links. Ed Bell

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

What Snow! You live in Northern Country. That's not an excuse for not picking up a good deal.:lalala:

Now SWMBO:rant: is legit :D

Guilty as charged. Good thing Jasoutside is off line during Lent. I would have got it way worse. SWMBO kinda scares me though!

I put an add up on CL for a trailer and I think I've got one. Saturday I'll pick it up.:)

I straightened out the keel on the press at the shop. Looks awesome, I'll try and rivet it on tonight.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Well my brother talked me into getting the trailer tonight. Mama's at work so unfortunately I'll have no supervision on this. Oh well somehow I'll make do.:joyous:

The trailer fits a 15' boat. If I upgrade from 14 to 15' the trailer still works. Just sayin'.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Well my brother talked me into getting the trailer tonight. Mama's at work so unfortunately I'll have no supervision on this. Oh well somehow I'll make do.:joyous:
Something something forgiveness~permission :lalala: Best of luck my friend, best of luck ;)

The trailer fits a 15' boat. If I upgrade from 14 to 15' the trailer still works. Just sayin'.

Options, it's always good to have options. Besides, Zac's gonna be in high school soon enough, then he'll need to move up to a sleek little 15ftr :eek: :faint2:

Good news about the keel. The trailer pickup superceded installation I reckon......

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Well, the trailer is just too big for the boat. BUT, the guy's got a smaller T-Nee trailer and bought it instead, same price. I'll pick it up Saturday or Sunday. It doesn't have the original post/winch that T-Nees are famous for but it's complete. Now to move the old trailer off to be reunited with the Sea Scamp.

Ugh JB, Zach wants a bass boat. Too many episodes of "The Next Bite" or FLW Outdoors. After this boat is done I'm on to the Offshore. I'm getting a fire in my belly again for the 18 footer. Fish from the 14 footer while I'm working on the big one. Life is good!

PS. Saturday someone gets his Blue Belt. I've promised a trip to Bass Pro Shop as a reward. It's hard being a Dad. haha

Don

Hey, I hope ya'll are having a good pre-spring. Get them boats going.

GA_Boater

Well, the trailer is just too big for the boat. BUT, the guy's got a smaller T-Nee trailer and bought it instead, same price. I'll pick it up Saturday or Sunday. It doesn't have the original post/winch that T-Nees are famous for but it's complete. Now to move the old trailer off to be reunited with the Sea Scamp.

Ugh JB, Zach wants a bass boat. Too many episodes of "The Next Bite" or FLW Outdoors. After this boat is done I'm on to the Offshore. I'm getting a fire in my belly again for the 18 footer. Fish from the 14 footer while I'm working on the big one. Life is good!

PS. Saturday someone gets his Blue Belt. I've promised a trip to Bass Pro Shop as a reward. It's hard being a Dad. haha

Don

Hey, I hope ya'll are having a good pre-spring. Get them boats going.

A little birdie told me BPS has some nice bass boats. Black belt reward? Give Zach my congrats. And congrats to you too BD. I think this has been a team effort by the two of you.