Interior fiberglass coating

brisa

Recruit
I own a 31 Cal that originally had carpet covering the interior walls in the saloon and berth. The previous owner stripped the carpet I the berth, exposing the fiberglass. I'm not a big fan of carpet and have been thinking on painting the walls with some sort of rubber-washable coat. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thank you

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Interior fiberglass coating

Not sure if this would interest you but...I used to build fiberglass pools and we used this paint. Really good stuff.
Paint-Type_A_Rubber.m.jpg

brisa

Recruit

Not sure if this would interest you but...I used to build fiberglass pools and we used this paint. Really good stuff.
Paint-Type_A_Rubber.m.jpg

Thank you for answering. I will check it out.

Accepting more suggestions too:)

colbyt

Master Chief Petty Officer

Just one. Be sure to read the labels very carefully. This type of product is great but the fumes during application can be deadly.

I would also expect some lingering ordor in an enclosed space.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Why rubberized?

Durabak,AwlGrip, GelCoat, Valspar Farm Implement, Rustoleum

Tractor Supply Majc: "Paint Your Boat for Under $100 Bucks"

Adding the Valspar or Majic paint hardener will give it additional gloss & improve the paint's toughness/abrasion resistance

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I own a 31 Cal that originally had carpet covering the interior walls in the saloon and berth. The previous owner stripped the carpet I the berth, exposing the fiberglass. I'm not a big fan of carpet and have been thinking on painting the walls with some sort of rubber-washable coat. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thank you

I would apply a fabric of some kind with some spray adhesive and do not paint the glass.

If you ever had a repair that needed to be done it sooo much better to be able to inspect the fiberglass from the inside without having to Grind off paint.

Depends how much you want visual vs. usefulness.

A $500 repair can goto $1000 with a quick coverup of paint.

YD.