Finnish fishing boat overhaul [Splashed 2017]

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
I’m pretty sure the journalist read most of this thread while writing the article. Iboats is even mentioned in a paragraph.

Been working on additional deck boxes while waiting for a weather window to take off. Will get them done by tomorrow. Needed more space for some random stuff that never found it’s place(trash, cans, rear anchor & rode etc).

Attachments

• photo316204.jpg
    photo316204.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
We also participated in our first ”work” project with the boat. Towed a barge we built out of stacked beams, planks and roof tin plating to one of the outermost islands outside of Helsinki. The guys will build a new (frankly illegal) public sauna for whoever feels like using it and I promised to help with the transport.

Took us three hours at 3 knots, the boat trashed around like crazy in 12m/s winds and 1.5m waves but somehow the barge held together and we got it to the building site intact.

Attachments

• photo316205.jpg
    photo316205.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo316206.jpg
    photo316206.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 1

strokendiesel002

Petty Officer 1st Class
I thought for sure I was going to see that ant get destroyed by the end of the video 😂

Pretty sweet deal on the ole island retreat, were you towing the other vessel behind the barge or were they just the "chase" vehicle?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i'll get my niece to translate and as far as the copyright, pretty sure they won't mind the few thousand exposures in this, and other, countries for a small magazine.

again, great work