How do I get the front cushions of my Glastron bowrider off?

Aeropug

Cadet
Recently purchased a 2002 Glastron GX185. Got a great deal knowing that I'd have some work to do over this winter on the upholstery. My plan was to pull the seats and pads that needed to be redone into my basement prior to winterizing and shrinkwrapping. I have everything out that I need to work on except for the two side pads up front in the bow. I can't for the life of me figure out how these are attached (i.e. Where are they screwed from?)

The seats I'm speaking of - http://i.imgur.com/k4HdL.jpg

I have removed one screw (the one closest to the bow) from each side that I was able to find after removing the cup-holders.
Approximate location of screw - http://i.imgur.com/pH3Z1.jpg

My fear is that these are attached from underneath in production and I'll have to end up using a crowbar or something to pry them up and break the screw with the hope that I don't ruin the fiberglass.
(There is a cubby underneath these seats and the seats sit on the "rim" of this cubby)

Any ideas anyone? Any help would be appreciated!

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Re: How do I get the front cushions of my Glastron bowrider off?

Try looking in the seams of the cushions themselves .. sometimes they put a screw between the pleets for some odd reason.

YD.

Jimmy H.

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes I agree, I had the same issue and between the seams of the fabric there were small holes where the screws had gone through. Hard part was backing them out the way they went in.
Good luck!! :)

Aeropug

Cadet

Thanks for the responses guys....I'll report back

Aeropug

Cadet

I did end up using a saws-all to pop the front screw off and the 2 screws towards the stern just ripped right out with some pressure. Didn't do any significant damage to the fiberglass.

Thanks for the suggestions.