1987 Reinell 192s Restoration Project

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1987 Reinell 192s Restoration Project

Did you grind those areas? if so thats good fresh glass.

VolleyGirlSC

Seaman

Hi WoG - no we haven't done any grinding yet - that is exactly how it looked when we pulled up the foam. Any thoughts?

sk8er406

Seaman

I know this thread is six months old but since I have a 89 Reinell with the same type of motor mounts I was hoping you would be able to help. I just recently found out that one of my mounts has rot and will need to be replaced, so I am wondering how you built yours.

VolleyGirlSC

Seaman

I know this thread is six months old but since I have a 89 Reinell with the same type of motor mounts I was hoping you would be able to help. I just recently found out that one of my mounts has rot and will need to be replaced, so I am wondering how you built yours.

No worries, we have been at a complete standstill as far as restoration. We've got the stringers in, but that's it as I have been completing my CPA over the last few months.

Here are some pics of how the mounts came from Reinell. They use a 4x4 with foam underneath and a box of 1/4-1/2 plywood around it to enclose it. We have been discussing a lot and I think when we build the mounts this time, we'll use a shelf style mount like Friscoboater did in he SeaRay resto giving us access to the top and bottom of the mounting bolt. We are not 100% sure on that, but that is where we are leaning.

This is the view with the top of the mount cut off and flipped upside down next to the mount. You can see the holes from the mounting bolts:

This is a view from the side so that you can see how it was installed. This mount had almost no foam under it, but the starboard side was completely filled with foam under the piece of 4x4 wood: