Rebuilding a 1961 Starcraft Bonanza 14'

Status
Not open for further replies.

rskipp

Recruit
I have purchased a 1961 Starcraft bonanza 14' aluminum boat. I'm looking for ideas for restoring it.
I would like to modify it for fishing while keeping the look mostly original. I will post pics this weekend when I'm done gutting it. It came with cloth Bimini top and cloth sides with plastic windows and a plexiglass windshield that needs restored and cracked at every mounting hole, original steering wheel with pulley system. Trailer has been 90% restored (needs new wheels and tires).

rskipp

Recruit
Re: Rebuilding a 1961 Starcraft Bonanza 14'

I was thinking about either 2 seats in the front and a deck in back to provide a flat fishing area and storage also a deck up front (small) for battery to run fish finder and lights. deck in back would have recess for fuel tank and battery for trolling motor.
other option is same but with the original style bench seat.

Sam1000

Recruit
I acquired a 1961 bonanza that is mostly stock and I am thinking about a splash well, cooler, fuel and battery compartments behind the last seat that I can use as a seat back. I currently have a 350 Mercury 35hp 1965 and a Min Kota that I'll keep. I'm switching to led and someday want a solar system as the engine has no charger. I like wood and want to cover the bow deck w peel n stick lamentation. My floor has a heavy rubber mat that makes it easier to walk and keep your feet dry. The hull has much paint missing. I'm considering polishing the exterior and keeping it waxed and shiny. June 2019 reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.