1978 MFG Gypsy Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallcanadian

Captain
Finally. Oct 1 , first and probably only run this year. I am happy. She ran like a champ.

tallcanadian

Captain
Oh yeah ! She's scooting along now !!!

I'm happy with it. 13 1/4 X 17 Prop. Trim was left down. 40mph. So with a little prop and trim she would pick up a bit more. I am so relieved. A lot of stressful days. lol.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
TC - Haven't checked in to your thread lately. What happened to the Merc?

You got this Evinrude runnin' good! :thumb:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Put on a couple of coats and run the ....out of her! You certainly have been patient. Great to see you flying over the water! That's a fun boat.:)

tallcanadian

Captain
It's hard to believe it's been October since I last posted. Where has the time gone? Nothing new to report. Boat is put away in the garage for the winter. I did buy an upper crankshaft seal. It looks like oil is getting sprayed from somewhere up high. I will soon be at that. The winter hear has been so so. Less snow than usual but it's only early yet. I hope everyone is doing well and had a great Christmas and New Year.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hope spring comes early for you TC ! Time sure does fly by don't it ?

tallcanadian

Captain
Almost another year has past. I've been plagued with over heating issues with my Evinrude. I decide to tear it down, remove the power head and try to fix what's wrong. As it stands now, I have the power on my bench and the heads and back cover off. I've found a few issues as far as blockages. I've been getting some new parts sent in. Gasket sets, etc. Last spring I bought a 1978 Evinude 115 hp for a parts motor. As it turns out, I will be using the mid section from this motor. I've got major rust in my original motor from salt water. I will put my lower unit and power head on this midsection. If anyone has seen the 1978 Evinrude 140 hp, that's the colour scheme I'm going to paint it. It's my favourite Evinrude paint colours. I've got all winter now to do this.

I hope everyone is well and have had good luck with their boats and motors. . I've missed coming around here. I'll need to spend some time catching up.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
TC - Did the motor get new paint?

Good to see you back!

tallcanadian

Captain
I didn’t do anything with the motor last year. But now I’m close to paint. Just waiting on the weather to warm up a bit. Last year I bought an RV, so that kept me busy.
anyway, it’s close. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.