1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Looks like a great time! Up north vacations are great....

Huron Angler

Admiral

Awesome to see the Sea Nymph getting so much time on the water:)

Catching perch that size is actually more fun for the kids if you are on top of a school, lots of action:D

That trolling set up looks great, nice work hauling in the walleye and salmon.

The drift sock idea is a great one, in some waves they will help stabilize the boat as a bonus.

Nice work on the rig, glad you've been able to get her out on the big lake:D

maddiedog

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So this better be an awesome piece of property if my eyes didn't deceive me on craigslist!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey thanks fellas and great to see ya again Huron! Man, I do miss hanging out on the lake something fierce. Oh well, lots more of that in the years to come:joyous:

------------------------------------------------------------

So this better be an awesome piece of property if my eyes didn't deceive me on craigslist!

Yup maddie, it's spectacular, an absolute dream piece of very rare Lake Michigan waterfront property. Sandy beach and 10 full acres of wood, one in a million. Check it out...

https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=...02093,0.005284&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=18&z=18

Last edited:

maddiedog

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'd sell it too! Should be some great diver hunting there and there's always Sylvania for smallies.

Last edited:

ShowMeGuy

Chief Petty Officer

The pics with the lights are very kick arse..... makes me want some!

850Merc

Petty Officer 1st Class

Beautiful location, looks like you guys had fun. I'm a little sad to hear that leaves are starting to change... I guess the aspens in Colorado start to go pretty quick here too. Sounds like a dream. When you wrap up the boat are you going to do a shrink wrap job? Just curious, my friend says its not too tough to do it yourself, but its also not too expensive to have it done. I know you have limited inside storage too.

Triton II

Commander

Looks like you all had a fine time in UP... hey I even know where it is now! I'm trying to find some old photos of my kids sailing and fishing/generally mucking around in boats, however, in the meantime your great photos are enough to remind me of the good times we had back then. So thank you Jason, nice work! :D

TII

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey thanks fellas, yah we had a blast, man was a great vacation. I've been burning busy every day since we've been back, rats.

850 - Nah, I just have good boat cover is all. I am sure I'll take that Sea Nymph out a few more times before the snow flies, so, she isn't yet completely put away:cool:

AChotrod

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow! Turned out great! You're more then welcome to help me on my 80 SN.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

OK, so I thought I'd try to bring this thread to a close here.

This super fun Sea Nymph was horse traded for the big one...
http://forums.iboats.com/starcraft-boats/1983-26-starcraft-sf-261v-rebuild-630710.html

I certainly have mixed feelings on the swap. Boat "value" wise I believe I was on the short end of this deal. I'm ok with it though. That 26 footer is so rare, and that ^^^^ is the exact hull version of the 26 that I really wanted. So, in the end, it's all good.

This Sea Nymph no doubt was very versatile and it will be hard to fill the void. She'll be missed, but I still have the Mirro Craft for the thin water, the 261 will be for the big lakes, and the Islander will now be for everything in between. She'll mainly serve as our family fun boat:joyous:

Anyway, thanks for helping me out on this project and bumping me along guys. Your support has been really appreciated!:becky:

jefields86

Recruit
I am unsure how to allow the pictures to load of your project. I know this project was many years ago but if by chance you still have some of the information surrounding this build I would like to review it. I just got a 1980 Sea Nymph that I am preparing for it to be my first complete restore. Thank you for any help and assistance you can give.

jbcurt00

Staff member
jefields86 Jas doesn' visit the forum any longer, so hexs not likely to get or reply to your question

Photobucket decimated countless topics and threads across a wide range of online forums.

Start a topic about your Sea Nymph and ask lots of questions, you'll get lots of help

Watermann also did a Sea Nymph as have others. Sea Nymph are also very similar to Starcrafts so check out the builds in that forum
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owners-groups-by-manufacturer/s/starcraft-boats

Photobucket problems and solutions are covered here
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/oth...boaters-photobucket-recovery-suggestions-only

and here
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/oth...ssues/10429725-photobucket-outrageous-charges

Lastly don't post to inactive topics

good luck w your project

Status
Not open for further replies.