1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatguy94

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Nice find there! You always seem to find the best deals :D. I love my '80 85hp Jonhson. Great motor.

64osby

Admiral

Man_Face.jpg

Nice score on the motor.
RIP-FG

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey, thanks for stopping by fellas! Yah, I'm pretty geeked about the deal!

------------------------------------------

I got after the Arrow Glass today. Some good booty!

Couple of nice rod holders...
P1080557.jpg

Kicker bracket...
P1080556.jpg

Lowrance...
P1080555.jpg

Nice bow rail, I'll need to check this on the Islander to see if I like it any better than the other one I scored...
P1080558.jpg

Seats and pedestals, excellent shape, should look as good as new after a good scrub with a magic eraser. I do beleave these will be seating for the Sea Nymph, big money saved right there (I even have a set of brand new cushions for em)...
P1080552.jpg

Small pile of other stuff too:cool:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

CC coming out...
P1080549.jpg

And the V4 up and out...
P1080550.jpg

...and on the stand...
P1080551.jpg

Then I loaded up the glasser with all the demo material I pulled out of the Sea Nymph. She's all ready for the final haul. Destination: Lake of the Landfill:D

Davem3

Chief Petty Officer

LUKE: keep the windshield!

use the force to install it in the SN........remember the last run, LOL

nice find, Jason........... i almost wanna make a deal on the kicker plate, that is way awesome

some sweet parts there for sure :)

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Jas said:
She's all ready for the final haul. Destination: Lake of the Landfill
:D

Did a passing by FG boat have the straps tear out of its rotten transom, sending it careening over your dog when you were a kid? Why you so cruel? There's no bad boats man just bad owners. You could of at least threw it on CL for a day as a project before sending it to its doom. (insert whatever the appropriate smiley is here):)

Take it easy on the hand and heal up quick.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Wow, you move along quickly man! Looks like many useful parts.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Then I loaded up the glasser with all the demo material I pulled out of the Sea Nymph. She's all ready for the final haul. Destination: Lake of the Landfill:D

This thread is gross... :eek:;)

FACEPalm.png

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

use the force to install it in the SN

This Sea Nymph would make for a way cool CC! Bah, The function wouldn't be there for me though.

least threw it on CL for a day as a project .

Oh sheesh truck, that'd be a way tough sell. That photo up there makes it look really nice. She's totally rotted. Not just the stringers and transom, everywhere. This being a liner type built boat, the wood need to be scraped off of the entire underside of the liner/cap too. This would be a huge project.

Besides I'd get responses like...

What HP engine does it come with?

How fast does it go?

Can you deliver to Richland, MS?

Seller: Please confirm item is for sale and good condition.

Can we take it for a sea trial?

Will you warranty the boat?

Can you meet us half way to look at the boat? We are in B.C. Canada.

Will you trade for a 1982 Chevrolet Citation?

Yah, it's what's best for all of us, trust me;)

Wow, you move along quickly man! Looks like many useful parts.

Ah, I can't take all the credit. The seller did the bulk of the work for me as he was already is full rebuild mode.

This thread is gross...

Just close yur eyes bro, it'll all be over by the time you slide into yur slippers this morning. Ah, er, I mean, house shoes, manly ones too!:p:D

You're movin right along has nice work

Thanks man. The short list for the Sea Nymph is actually pretty simple from here:

Ditch the glasser.
Dig foam out of the Sea Nymph.
Pull the rest of the gear off the hull.
Push it back on the property, flip it over, wait till winter (finish the Islander).

Have a great weekend guys:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh hey, forgot one additional score, fuel tank, biggen...
P1080559.jpg

Nice big 45 gallon aluminum job. I threw it up in the bow of the Sea Nymph for a quick fit check, man it's big. My initial thoughts are that if I install the consoles up further than original, right up to the tank basically, this could work. It would make for a huge bow casting deck. Though, I wouldn't have any "leg dangling" room for my bow riders going this way. Hmmmm, I'll have to stew on it some.

dozerII

Admiral

Holy cow Jason you got all that done that quick with one hand!!!! Lottsa great parts good on ya.
Glen

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

There is no need for leg dangling room in the bow of a fishing boat,........

jbcurt00

Staff member

There is no need for leg dangling room in the bow of a fishing boat,........

Unless this is the last 15-16ft fishing rig you'll ever own, yeah as if..... It'll be a few years before all the crew's feet can even reach the deck when seated up front on the bow seats. Besides based on the last photos of the Jet speed runs, they'll always be face into the wind:cool: Which puts their feet forward not in the aisle.......................

An alternative could be a large 'sun deck' platform over the tank w/ 1 large bow shaped cushion for family outings. Remove the cushion & its all fishing platform, w/ post hole/mount, w/ compartments on either side of the tank. If the family outings need access to shade, it'd be a freestanding bimini in the rear anyway, and that might be an option for inclement fishing weather as well.

Ya might get a gas tank buyer when they come to buy 1 trailer or another, since ya got an extra. You might get lucky & find a trailerless hull to snag cheap @ CL, and pair it w/ a trailer for a quick clean & flip for some Islander finishing funds.:)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, I hear ya guys. I was chewing on it a bit this morning...

1. A nice set of white vinyl cushions, kiddos put dirty feet on em all day long anyway. Shoot, adults walk on em to board the boat too.

2. Big bow deck, matched with the consoles pushed up there could make for a nice clean/functional set up

3. JB, you read my mind. Anchor hatch up in front of that tank and a hatch on each side for gear. I think I like that:)

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

2. Big bow deck, matched with the consoles pushed up there could make for a nice clean/functional set up

3. JB, you read my mind. Anchor hatch up in front of that tank and a hatch on each side for gear. I think I like that:)

Big bow deck, hatches and storage, bow mount Trolling motor, and a pedestal seat is the way to go IMO. All of that will also be desireable to a future owner should you decide to sell the boat later on.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yah, I hear ya guys. I was chewing on it a bit this morning... 1. A nice set of white vinyl cushions, kiddos put dirty feet on em all day long anyway. Shoot, adults walk on em to board the boat too. 2. Big bow deck, matched with the consoles pushed up there could make for a nice clean/functional set up

That's how it starts, agreeing w/ a glasser:cool:

What's it going to take to put you in this early 60's glasser today? 0% finiancing OAC. No payments for 3months:D

Yeah that's what I figured......... Don't fault a guy for trying, it's not to late for ya yet:eek:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Speaking of glassers...

P1080561.jpg

This video is for mature audiences only!!!

Death of a Glasser

Status
Not open for further replies.