Need help with dash Graphics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with dash Graphics

Hi all.....I have an '89 four winns sundowner and the ink graphics printed on the dash are mostly worn off. Any ideas of how to restore? can the panels be purchased new? it looks like silver ink on black plastic. Any help would be appriciated

Re: Need help with dash Graphics

Snap a quick photo of them if you can. I'm not familiar with the design, but I might be able to give you some cheaper alternatives to buying a full panel - maybe not because graphics can be pricey too.

Comment

Those panels are a long time out of production.
      If you're extremely lucky you might find them sittin' on a dealers dusty shelf, but that's a really long shot.
      Why not spruce it up?
      Get some sheet aluminium, layout, cut the holes, then take it to a sign/ graphics shop. You might be surprised what they'll do.

I updated this panel about 10 years ago. In my case I powdercoated the panel and replaced everything except the black plexi on the upper right side.
      The sign guy made up a single vinyl label for all the switches. He also had some great ideas about creating custom logos, so I gave him the go-ahead, within a certain budget.
      IMO he did a great job for under 100 bucks.
      "Winter Dream"
      Silverton 34C
      White/Green

Wellcraft 23 Nova XL

Lowe 1448 BigJon
      w/Evinrude 25HP

Comment

Excellent idea, upgrading the panel!!....if it was repairable i would concider but since there isnt a "fix" then the new panel with grafix would be great, I just happen to be a paint rep for DuPont and have friends in the powder division as well as contacts with artists so this could turn into a really cool project....thanks for the reply and idea

Comment

{deleted**

I didn't read the prior post and repeated prior comments.

apologies,

~The Fish
          Last edited by herefishy; November 29th, 2011, 05:26 PM. Reason: Poor etiquette
          No Working during Fishing Hours!

My Project

Comment

Working...
          X