MFG rebuild getting started pics

Jon Sob

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: MFG rebuild getting started pics

Hey sp .... don't want to make you jealous or anything just wanted to share my lunch time view with you.
IMG_0037.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Is snow that bad? I,ve never really been in snow before except one year along time ago it snowed about an inch down here.
It was pretty fun at the time . I never saw so many cars in the ditch in my life!:eek: :D

jbcurt00

Staff member

It's not that bad, depends on where you park & whether you leave your windows up or down:facepalm:

Snow.jpg:eek:

Of course, no snow = no snow skiing, and that would make me sad, no matter how cold or how much it sucks to shovel 4 or 6times a day.

kfa4303

Banned

That's my new screensaver entitled: "Why I live in Florida." LOL. I'll never leave my windows down again. YIKERS! Y'all know you can ski down here, right, behind a boat and in a bikini and everything. Stay warm up there.

jbcurt00

Staff member

That's my new screensaver entitled: "Why I live in Florida." LOL. I'll never leave my windows down again. YIKERS! Y'all know you can ski down here, right, behind a boat and in a bikini and everything. Stay warm up there.

I regretfully decline your generous offer to ski in a bikini anywhere on any surface. But thanks all the same:D

If the H@@ter's squad wants to I'll gladly pilot the boat, man the towel dispensary, or sit quietly nearby & watch:cool:

kfa4303

Banned

Aw come on jb. This could be you :) As a matter of fact, this how we all go to work and take the kids to school, that is when we're not riding our pet dolphins and manatees :) Sure, the bathing suits are a little tight, bu it beats shoveling snow.

ski pyramid.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

I thought that was you on the beach last year w/ the telephoto lens.........:D 20X zoom adds 15lbs

Back to work....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Thank you JBC and KFA for that most entertaining ,witty, and funny interlude ! :rolleyes: :D
And I think I can state for the whole iboats crew that we are all grateful that JBC has declined KFA,s offer to ski in a bikini!:eek:

Trooper82

Commander

Thank you JBC and KFA for that most entertaining ,witty, and funny interlude ! :rolleyes: :D
And I think I can state for the whole iboats crew that we are all grateful that JBC has declined KFA,s offer to ski in a bikini!:eek:

I'll second that! roflma

Jon Sob

I'll third that ..... Now that's funny!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

The Mrs seconds your thoughts, & I reserve the right to be offended anyway!:facepalm:

Thank you, try the veal, don't forget to tip your waitress....

wait for it:

Now we don't care where you go but you gotta get the F#$k Out! Thanks & good night...:D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Ok after stopping on the way home to vote I started doing more important things. Wet sanding brush marks out!:facepalm:
I used some 320 grit and it got some of the lined out then I switched to some reg 240 . That did,nt last long and I was still concerned that it will show up in paint. I went at it very carefully with some 150 and was able to git about 95% out then hit again with a fresh piece of 320.
Gunna use the foam rollers from here on out! Now should I prime again or leave it be? While sanding I exposed some 3m filler I think I might better put light coat primer and wet sand again . Any advise would be helpful .:)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Paint it, no primer, you'll be fine. Acetone lightly before you paint. Light, mulitiple coats.

Jon Sob

Hey sp ..... why don't you roll n roll then you won't have brush marks? I did and it came out great.
DSCF2088.JPG

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Paint it, no primer, you'll be fine. Acetone lightly before you paint. Light, mulitiple coats.

Thanks Wood that was music to my ears!

Hey sp ..... why don't you roll n roll then you won't have brush marks? I did and it came out great.
View attachment 131236

Gunna roll from now on! Did you use the small 4 inch roller on your hull to lay it smooth?

jbcurt00

Staff member

Now should I prime again or leave it be? While sanding I exposed some 3m filler I think I might better put light coat primer and wet sand again . Any advise would be helpful .:)

^^ This is why you used build primer...:)

Florida raccoon.jpg:eek::facepalm: If there had been room, it would also say: "Just say no to onesies!"

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

You might better wax that bikini line !

Jon Sob

I used two 6" foam rollers.

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer
SP, you're making some nice progress there. I may just save your lunch time pic on my iPad so I can stare at it during my lunch from now on. Can't wait to see how the next coat turns out.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Thanks craig the fla sunshine view comes to ya free of charge! :)