1976 reinell v 1701

gillespie76

Recruit
Hi to everyone, this is my first time to this forum and im sure you all will be seeing alot more of me.
I just got this boat on a trade and really only have 100.00 in the whole deal. I know nothing about boats and already know my first project is the floor. it is bad in one spot on the port side. the transom seems to be rock solid. The guy started it up for me and ran it for approx 15 min... starts and runs like a new one...
I just want to know if everyone thinks this will be a big project, too big to take on for the first time...I will include some pictures of the boat the guy took this summer. Im on shift today but will get some inside pictures, more detailed and post them... Thanks.

Attachments

• P1210812.JPG
    P1210812.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 0

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1976 reinell v 1701

hi....welcome to iboats !

that boat looks fantastic for a 76. just super.

the picks are kinda small......can you re size to 640x 480?

what kind of motor drive is on it?....i have a feeling that its an OMC.

as far as this being too big of a project for you.....that is determined by the space you have to work, your skill level, and the time that you can spend on it...
even changing a light bulb in the kitchen can be too big of a project for a busy life.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Seems like a worthwhile project to me!

gillespie76

Recruit

Thanks guys and oops the motor drive is a mercruiser. I thought it looked awsome for a 76 yet like I said I know nothing about boats... I do know for starts the floor is going to have to have some repairs. The motor and out drive seem great. By the way the trailer is galvanized but looks cruddy to me... Is there any paint you can use to paint galvanized and it hold without going to the extreames of powder coating??? If not any way to make galvanized look better?

As far as having the time, my shifts are 24hr on 48hr off so I have the time and do all the work on the cars so Im sure I can do this just have to get the right info on how to... Will be my first fiberglass project... LOL maybe I should go buy some and just mess around with it before I hit the boat...