Classic Round Hatch Ownes Christcraft

bruceabbott

Cadet
I am restoring a Owens 1965 32" Sedan cruiser. The forward round hatch has deteriorated. I would like to replace with another round hatch, they were very common back then and have a classic look. I think common on Chris Crafts and Owens. Does anyone know how to find one of these, does anyone make a reasonable replacement? Thanks for any help, Bruce

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Classic Round Hatch Ownes Christcraft

round hatches can be purchased from a company called perko.

i think they are available form iboats....but i didnt see any on the listings....but im sure i have seen them here.....phone iboats.

to find a factory one...you will have to search all the used wrecking yards...cali has some...fla has tons

Ned L

Commander
Re: Classic Round Hatch Ownes Christcraft

I know exactly what you are talking about. Classic & distinct round hatch, mahogany rim w/ chromed brass bars running fore & aft above the glass, & usually two thumbscrew dogs below to close it tight. Unfortunately eBay may be your best bet, but it will probably be pricey. As I remember there were some styling differences between C.C & Owens. The bars on a C.C were round in cross section, & I'm thinking the bars on an Owens were more of a triangular shape in cross section (but that memory is from a lot of years ago).