anyone ever made a windshield

brianis

Petty Officer 3rd Class
just curious if anyone has made a windshield for there boat my 58 starcraft didnt have one when i got it and would be nice to toss that wind off my 4 yr old any ideas

Bondo

Staff member
Re: anyone ever made a windshield

Ayuh,... Flat panel windshields ain't too bad, curved windshields are 'bout impossible...

kemer1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Do you have any boat salvage yards where you live? I would say figure out where you would mount the windshield on your boat, measure out the footprint and then hit the salvage yards to find a windshield that's as close to the footprint as you can find. That would probably be the easiest thing to do.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I've seen a lot of homemade windshields and have one on a center consoole, made of pressure treated wood and plexiglas. Homemade windshields always look homemade (ours is on a workboat so it doesn't matter). Go for the salvage route if you care about appearance.

sschefer

Rear Admiral

As was stated by Bond-o, flat panels are easy but curved are best left to a shop. I think Taylor-Made has generics or your can scoot on over the www.Glen-L.com and look at what they have. You might also look at some of the sample boat plans they have to get ideas.

Mike Chamberlin

Recruit

Total Plastics in Kalamazoo Michigan can make one for u out of any plastic u want including bullet proof. they can heat form from your pattern or u can send them a drawing and they can get it done. Their Phone is 269 344 0009, as for sales and engineering. Address is 2810 N. Burdick Kalamazoo Mi 49004.

Last edited: