Need some help

RandyJ

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need some help

I don't know exactly what parts are required or where to get them but in a nutshell it's a very simple rig. Very similar in mechanics as tilt/trim or trim tabs. Just need a pump and the hydraulic cylinders installed then a switch to operate. Surely someone will come along and give a source for the parts.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

im not really sure what you are asking?

the pic is of a three pad deck.....and the lib is a two pad deck with actuators.
was it the automatic opening of the hatch?,,,,
what do you have?....

if you want a two pad, just take a piece of ply, cut it in half...and hinge in the aft sides.
you will need to add support braces around the engine hatch.

the rest will be in the person that sews the upholstery.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

as far as the actuators....they are not hydraulic....they are a electric worm gear driven rod. common on all larger boats.

the only problem with actuators, is that when they fail....it is really hard to get the hatch open. especially in the motor cage.
usually there is a small hatch right where the actuator hinges.....this will allow a emergency pin to be pulled and the hatch opened manually if the actuator fails.

i would suggest.....if you are going this route.....to put in an automatic fire suppression system.

RandyJ

Master Chief Petty Officer

aw shucks. I was hoping they'd be hydraulic.... I hate to be wrong! However, principle is the same (gotta have something to lift them if ya really want to be kewl like that).

BobsGlasstream

Commander

The older Glastrons opened in the mannor you speak of. Friscoboater rebuilt a 81 that had the same hatch on his. They were not powered. If you really want hydraulic you could use a second trim pump as your power source. For a quick release, in case of problems you could use a cable release like they use on garage doors too.

Best regards
Bob

oops!

Supreme Mariner

a cable is a good idea....usually the pin is the same one used on a trailer receiver. so there is a pin and a lock pin