First vintage project?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: First vintage project?

The only thing is that it is an i/0 and I would prefer an outboard for more options powering it.

Ayuh,... That's an Inboard, Not an I/O...

Donno what a Buchanen meteor is, nor what it's transmission might be,...
Other than Older than dirt...

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, unless your wife has no sense of style, you don't have to worry about her complaining about the ugly boat you're working on in the driveway or garage! That thing is beautiful! Tons of maintenance but just so beautiful. Wonder what's wrong with it to make it only worth $1000 to the seller?!?!?!

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander

Its early, I meant inboard. Fixed that.
The wooden boats around here are usually in excellent condition or complete junk.
The boating season is only 3 months so its hard to put a lot of use on a boat during a season.
I can see myself refinishing this thing in the driveway while my wife thinks about me wasting my life working on "junk".

Luhrs28

Chief Petty Officer

That's an awesome boat! Love the slat-roof frame. Tell him you'll go $1500 if he throws in the seaplane.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Wow...Thats a beautiful boat, at least from the pics..
I've always wanted an old woodie...

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

That's an awesome boat! Even at $10K it's a good price. Buchanans used to be a fairly popular power plant in the day, I see a lot of them at the antique boat show in Gravenhurst every July. Someone at the ACBS could likely help you with info