Transom Question.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well I got this little boat that I took the cap off of, looking at the transom, noticed it is good and solid except of one thing, who ever replaced it, either didn't laminated it, or what they laminated it with has come loose, I don't have the time to take it completely out and replace this year, what I am wondering, is what would you use to laminated it back together, it is two sheets of ply, one 3/4" and one 1/2". I can place wedges in it to open up a space to get glue or resin down in it then clamp while it cures. I am just wondering what others would do in this situation, as I said, it is fairly new and there is not signs of rot anywhere, I have drilled to check in a few places.

Thanks

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Transom Question.

is the transom glassed in?.....

that is a tricky fix.....i
if the transom is done wrong......what else was messed up?

if you can t fix it properly....wedge it open as far as you can......dump some pl construction glue between the plys.....and clamp hard. then glass over the top of the transom

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

is the transom glassed in?.....

that is a tricky fix.....i
if the transom is done wrong......what else was messed up?

if you can t fix it properly....wedge it open as far as you can......dump some pl construction glue between the plys.....and clamp hard. then glass over the top of the transom

Thanks oops, kinda what I was thinking of doing, just wanted to double check, actually everything looks like it was done pretty good, just was surprised to see when I pulled the cap off and the two sheets of ply were not glued together!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I would recommend Epoxy for this fix. it will flow better and get into the cracks and crevices better. Then clamp it up.