1999 Bayliner Capri Shine-Up

brentjdavid

Recruit
Hey everyone, as im sure this will probably spark a new debate, i just need some general advice.

we just bought our boat about 2 weeks ago, and took it to an apparently algae infested lake and it is now discolored and has a scale deposit on it. We've been given a hull cleaner, that you spray on, let set for 5 min and then wash off, the issue is after it says to do that, it instructs me to polish afterwards? Can anyone give me any direction on what i should be doing? any wax product i've used on my vehicle has been a simple wash n wax, and i don't own a electric buffer or anything like that....so i'm a little confused as to what people do. i've read about sanding but that's a project all by itself.

I'll post some photos of the hull and show you what happened litterally in about 6 hours being on the water one saturday.

thank you in advance,
Brent

ps, the product that they gave us to wash with is a bio-Keleen Hull Cleaner and Fiberglass. SKU# M00607 32 FL. OZ.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1999 Bayliner Capri Shine-Up

the pros use pro toilet bowl and urinal cleaner.....shines your hull like a mirror.

i would personally suggest you buy a vairy speed da sander/ buffer....this tool will be very handy around your boat......harbour freight has then cheap.

the products to buff your hull are mostly made by 3m....or another company called farecla...the pros in canada use farecla...while south of the boarder is 3m country

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1999 Bayliner Capri Shine-Up

link does not work.....instructions on how to post photos are in the non boating tech forum