Starcraft 19' Holiday Floor Replacement

starboy

Recruit
I bought a 1991 19' Starcraft Holiday aluminum boat. This boat is in nice shape & has been on the water 18 days since I bought it in March. However, due to a few small nicks or tears in the floor vinyl, I decided to pull it out. I assumed I would see the evidence of floor mastic on the plywood but rather I saw & have sence found our that Starcraft sprays contact cement on the entire floor when they lay the vinyl, thus I have one tacky floor. I had already decided to spray in a two part appoxy bed liner material, U-Pol Rapture material.
But now I need to figure out how to best get the current floor cleaned up first. I was going to use acetone to clean up but the factory rep for Starcraft cautioned on getting it on the floatation foam under the current floor.

I have also considered buying marine grade 1/4" plywood to go over the existing floor to get a fresh surface. I am concerned though how to get keep water from getting between the two floor as to not get mold. I wonder if I could put a good silicone bead between the two pieces around the edges all the way around. I also considered diamond plate for a lifetime floor but I am concerned about the reflectivity & heat.

I want to do something on Saturday so I hope I hear something back soon.

Thanks.