1976 Procraft Restoration with pics...need help please

blkvyyper

Seaman
Hello to everyone,
I'm new to this forum and i've seen some great restorations and plenty of tips and tricks. I have a 1976 Pro Craft that i'm in the process of redoing. This is my first time doing this kind of work and i'm totally lost. So i figured i would post here and ask the "experts" on the best way on going about doing this. First is how do you remove the engine from the boat? Haven't a clue. Next is should i cut the rear deck and leave the cap on to replace the stringers or remove the cap, if so, how do you remove it? I know, "newby" on board, but eh, gotta start somewhere right? The pics show what i'm working with and i'd like to increase the ride height in the water. I don't know anything about floatation foam and i think my main thinking is, how come boats aren't water tight? Not understanding why it would need to drain water if the thing is water tight or am i thinking wrong? I've read the floatation foam was to keep the boat from sinking, seems to me it would allow you increase you weight payload also.
Anyway, i need to get to the rear of the boat to get the rest of the rotted wood and such out and go from there. Any help would greatly appreciated. Also, can someone please explain between "glass", "chopstrand", "cloth", "mat" and "roven". If i re-fiberglass the bottom of the boat which i plan on doing, what type of fiberglass should i use? i'm gonna use epoxy so i know i need to sand it well and clean it out, as far as that, i'm lost afterwards.
Thanks ahead of time...
BlkVyyper

Alot more pics but for some reason they will not upload.

For all pics go to this link: http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff491/blkvyyper/

Attachments

• was thinking of cutting around to get under.jpg
    was thinking of cutting around to get under.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Below the splash.jpg
    Below the splash.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Bilge.jpg
    Bilge.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat 1 001 - angled view.jpg
    Boat 1 001 - angled view.jpg