Suggestions on Deck and Stringer Replacement

Gator1996

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello All. I would like to say that this forum is an unbelievable resource and all of your expertise and opinions are greatly appreciated.

I have been working on a 1988 19' Stingray that I picked up for a couple hundred bucks. I guess it was more about the challenge than having a deadline to get this thing in the water. I will take the time to document all that I have done so far another day.

In any case, I am in the same situation as most and have rotten deck, transom and stringers, wet foam and the whole enchilada. The deck replacement in the bow has me scratching my head as I get the feeling that I will have to take the cap off the hull. I am a little wary of trying to do this and was wondering if some of you guys may have a safer idea. I have not seen any full Stingray restores on the site so no luck on pictures of someone who has already tackled this. I am attaching a picture of the setup. If anyone thinks that another angle would help, le tme know and I will take more pictures.

All help is appreciated. 2011-08-09 19.52.16.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Suggestions on Deck and Stringer Replacement

thats just a standard bowrider....the bayliners will be simmelar.

while i strongly suggest pulling the cap......it can also be easily done with out.

chances are ...the rot ends at the consoles......you really dont know what you have to do till you get in there....

i suggest you rip the rest out......then let us look at the area by the consoles...we can go from there

welcome to iboats by the way !

cheers\oops

Gator1996

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Suggestions on Deck and Stringer Replacement

Oops!
Thanks for the reply. I am cutting away when I have spare time. I will post more pictures then.
Thanks again