Kicker bracket replacement

Sundodger

Cadet
The mounting plate on my kicker bracket is rotten and needs to be replaced. I don?t really want to replace the whole thing, hopefully just the wood.

I was hoping to get some recommendations of what to replace it with, and suppliers to obtain the part(s) (bonus points if the suppler is in Washington).

Notes:
-It is mounting an 8HP 2 stroke.
-This one lasted about 20 years, if the next one does the same I will be perfectly fine.
-It is 10 ?? tall 8.5 wide and 2? thick and appears to be some sort of plywood laminate.
-It?s an old fishing boat, so I don?t need anything fancy like teak.

image-16.jpg

image-15.jpg

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: Kicker bracket replacement

Unbolt the wood you have to use as a template. Go to a lumber yard and buy a sheet of 1/2" solid core exterior good 2-side plywood. Some places sell half sheets. Make 4 pieces to match the piece you have now. Glue them together with Carpenter's wood glue - use clamps to seal them tight. Then finish sand the edges smooth, drill new holes and finish with sanding sealer and spar varnish. All coatings from local paint store.

It'll last 10 years. If you need 20 years buy marine plywood and marine red resin glue.

Sundodger

Cadet
Re: Kicker bracket replacement

Unbolt the wood you have to use as a template. Go to a lumber yard and buy a sheet of 1/2" solid core exterior good 2-side plywood. Some places sell half sheets. Make 4 pieces to match the piece you have now. Glue them together with Carpenter's wood glue - use clamps to seal them tight. Then finish sand the edges smooth, drill new holes and finish with sanding sealer and spar varnish. All coatings from local paint store.

It'll last 10 years. If you need 20 years buy marine plywood and marine red resin glue.

Thank you, I assumed I needed something a little more resilient. I will head to home depot!

Thanks!