Project log : Runabout to Fishing machine

Fun Times

Staff member
Oddly, jbcurt00, flagging them came back with a error. Perhaps the mods will see, perhaps they will not. It's all good.
Stumbled upon your duplicate posts and removed them for you.:)

Somewhere a mod posted that just like the posting errors we get that are erroneous, the flag error message is too. They get them, or at least did.....
Yes we get them just the same. Just get numb to it and it's not all that bad anymore.:positive:

Something2do

Seaman
This is one of the great all time Iboats restores. Thank you for sharing the project with everyone. Very inspiring for everyone who has a forgotten mess of a boat lying around.

Willyclay

Captain
Great to see you back on the forum! Do we have to join the website to view your pictures?

Sleeper-6

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So it's not quite finished, but I'm not going to let that stop me from fishing. Basically everything but the outboard rigging and is complete. So I gave the 9.9 that originally came with the boat a good once over, cleaned the carb, Replaced the fuel and water pumps, new primer bulb, lower unit oil change, and had the chipped prop repaired at a local prop shop. It still looks a little rough but runs great.

The good news .....It's finally splashed!

I'll let you know when I wrap up the details, get the real outboard on her, and finally get over 7mph. For now, at least, I can get out on the water.

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer
So it's not quite finished, but I'm not going to let that stop me from fishing. Basically everything but the outboard rigging and is complete. So I gave the 9.9 that originally came with the boat a good once over, cleaned the carb, Replaced the fuel and water pumps, new primer bulb, lower unit oil change, and had the chipped prop repaired at a local prop shop. It still looks a little rough but runs great.

The good news .....It's finally splashed!

I'll let you know when I wrap up the details, get the real outboard on her, and finally get over 7mph. For now, at least, I can get out on the water.

Awesome Sleeper!!!!! :thumb:

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I love your design on this! You have made me stop and contemplate what I want to do with my project. Well done sir!!

bubbaajack

Recruit
I have put your project pics into a sreensaver slide show for constant inspiration! You said some R/C projects were in your background and as a life-long modeler myself I wondered if you might have pics to share or maybe on another forum somewhere??? Just wanted to let you know your creativity and hard work are respected and appreciated! Hats off to you Sir!:clap2:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I took the time last evening to look over your conversion progress and I have to say, you certainly know what you are doing. That is an amazing transformation and I like the layout as well. Gives me more ideas for my present project and even future possibilities as well. And your attention to details shows. :thumb: :thumb: