Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

redfury

Commander
Okay guys and gals, now that we have our stickers and enough active members to get a thread moving along...here's our not-totally-official-until-stickied-club members thread.

If you are not a member of the club but want to be, resurrect this thread here and get your induction into the club. It's a harsh, rigorous vetting of members, but I'm sure you'll find a way to get in if you are persistent enough ( and can basically find that camera cable you lost again for the umpteenth time ;) )

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=346413&p=3214921#post3214921

For those already inducted, this is where we can conduct our business, exchange numbers, meet up for runs on the local bodies of water we plan to showcase our superior hull designs on ( as long as the water is calm :facepalm: ) If there is enough interest, perhaps the site admin will create our own tri hull section of the forums where we can post polls and start unique tri hull threads, talking about performance and hull design theory, ways to keep the visits to the dentist to a minimum and other relevant chit chat.

Anyway, here it is! Let's see where we take it! :D

FOR ANYONE WANTING STICKERS...

Email me@redfury111@gmail or PM me here, I try to keep the inbox cleared out. Paypal can be sent to my email address, stickers are $2.50 US ea. shipped world wide.
000_06681.jpg

Last edited:

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

I like it Red it would be nice to chat with others that own tri-hulls in order to get ideas.
also to get info on so different takes on deck set ups and such for some of us still in the restore process.
WOW OUR OWN CLUB:eek::eek: whoda thought.:cool:

mike165

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi guys,I'll take on the OZ chapter of the 3V Club if we have any tri hulls down here
Mike

wolfscott

Seaman

Wow, Official and every stuff. Cool. I see a lot of the same manufacturers of boats here, but not the company who built mine. It is a westerner 18 1/2 ft, with an inline mercruiser 165. Has any one else out there ever heard of the Westerner Boat company? They were located in California. My boat, best I can tell was manufactured in or around 1973. She has a pre-alpha, or "R" outdrive. Any info anyone can provide would be awesome. Thanks for the thread Red.

gettin_wet

Cadet

cool i know there are ppl out there i spoke with 1 guy this weekend who had a tri hull gave him the website... I will take the Denver,Co chapter RED..lol i have mine displayed and ready to give info...lol

RogersJetboat454

Commander

For 30 bucks more, will the tri-hull club offer official kidney belts, mouth guards, and dental insurance? Would that be considered the Gold (filling) Membership? :D;)

I don't own a tri-hull, but I support your cause. Happy boating! :)

redfury

Commander

For 30 bucks more, will the tri-hull club offer official kidney belts, mouth guards, and dental insurance? Would that be considered the Gold (filling) Membership? :D;)

Naw, we are waiting to see if Obama-care is going to force us to carry it base on the number of members we have :p

gettin_wet

Cadet

ok now i am wondering...... my boat doesn't beat me up i also have different seats in it... does tri-hull beat ya up i am guessing...lol

RogersJetboat454

Commander

ok now i am wondering...... my boat doesn't beat me up i also have different seats in it... does tri-hull beat ya up i am guessing...lol

Well...... Rather than cutting through the large waves with a single V like a knife edge, a tri-hull more or less hits the waves with 3 V's (VVV) like a brick wall. :D;)

Tri-newb

Cadet

Hello all..... I hope it is ok to place this post here as well.........
First time post here and would love to pull knowledge from those with it. I have been given a 1972, 17ft "California" bowrider tri-hull. It has a Waukesha 302 Ford with a Chrysler Marine 270 outdrive. The boat needs HEAVY elbow grease cleaning but appears in really good, solid shape minus a few minor items that I will eventually try to source here. my question to start with is this: Can anyone help with info on this boat & mfg. and sources of components. The tag says "California boat mfg. inc." out of Santa Ana, CA. I did find that a Wilkes marine performance center is currently at that address but have not called them to investigate. The only google based info I could find on these boats was 2 listings, 1 for a parts boat and 1 for a private sale. Thats it! Nothing more. Any info anyone can supply would be a step in the right direction. A big "Thank You" in advance!!

treecutter

Recruit

Someone hit me with the info on a sticker,I'm currently doing a 75 starflite nad have been getting alot of info on these boat from the site. I have mercury 850 and am finding it haed to locate a distributor cap at a resonable price I've seen a couple for almost 300.00 that can't be right, at that price I can find another motor

gettin_wet

Cadet

well if you are intereted in the sticker first post a picture of the boat then go from there.. but the only requirement to join is.... well... have a trihull
happy boating

treecutter

Recruit

I bought this acouple weks ago for $500.00 boat/trail/motor/troller. We are going to strip the interior in the fall but we are going to use to play and fish for the summer

sale 007.JPGsale 010.JPGsale 014.JPG
pencil.png

gettin_wet

Cadet

nice boat ... if you still would like to join our exclusive club then PM redfury the stickers cost 2.50 ea and max is 4... he accepts paypal best... thanks for joining.....

drewpster

Commander

3V southeastern region sounding off! I have already had questions about the club at the ramp. My camera got fubarred a couple of weeks ago so I have no official record of splashdown for the Thundercraft but we have been having a ball. Video will follow on it in the future when we can afford a new cam. We have been spending all the extra cash going to the lake!!!! Stickers are great! Hope we can get together at some point.

enjoy
drewp

bridweezul

Cadet

Here's my 1972 Caravelle Barracuda cx176. It has a 165hp 6cyl. In the end stages of restoring the decking, stringers, interior.

boat.jpg

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

Me wants stickers. They are the exact color scheme of my trihull. Will post pics later.

redfury

Commander

I bought this acouple weks ago for $500.00 boat/trail/motor/troller. We are going to strip the interior in the fall but we are going to use to play and fish for the summer

View attachment 95995View attachment 95994View attachment 95993
pencil.png

Hey, that looks like the same ice cream sandwich I lived in for 4 years...'cept the boat is the wrong color. That's a V178? Or is is the smaller 15' version of my boat?