Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

JDA1975

Lieutenant
Re: Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

Count me in...my boat is in dry-dock but expect it to be splashed by spring. Doing a full restoration right now. Will PM you to get some info on the stickers, and I definitely like the newer design, just adds some pop to the theme, would like the "iboats.com" part to look more like their logo and be a tad bigger, but that's just my 2 cents
0828111108b.jpg0828111108a.jpg

southkogs

Staff member

Count me in...my boat is in dry-dock but expect it to be splashed by spring. Doing a full restoration right now. Will PM you to get some info on the stickers, and I definitely like the newer design, just adds some pop to the theme, would like the "iboats.com" part to look more like their logo and be a tad bigger, but that's just my 2 cents
View attachment 113133View attachment 113134

Actually, I can do that - it'd be easier if the iboats logo could just be sent to me, but I can re-draw it. Any idea if someone can just send it?

JDA1975

Lieutenant

top of page, left hand side is an Iboats logo, left click, save image as, and you got it, I went ahead and did it myself and put it here, you cna click and save this way

iboats_boating_logo.gif

redfury

Commander

Alright, with summer drawing to a close and people are starting to think about their boats and storage, I think it's time for some official Iboats/3V business to be conducted. I'm hoping that because of this, more of the 'members' will have an opportunity to view the thread and reply so we can get some business done here.

1st order of business is the new logo redesign. Do we like it, do we want something changed about it? SouthKogs has the task firmly under his belt and can tweak this to where we all are happy with the redesign or we chuck it in favor of the original.

In regards to the original and the members who've already put orders in for the remaining few left and those that have already received theirs....you've got the founding fathers stickers and can proudly display them alone, or you can add the redesign next to them to show your length of membership in the club, or however you want to justify slapping another sticker on your boat ;)

Second order of business. Official tally of members. I'm completely in the dark as to creating a member profile spreadsheet or whatever would be deemed necessary to keep track of our members. I'd like to see submissions of username, email address, location and boat brand and designation. That way we can keep track of the number of actual boats in the club, breakdown the number of starcrafts, glastrons, Lund, Reinell, etc that make up our club. We can simply add an (R) to boats retired from personal fleets. Essentially a 3V database. Also, it would be nice to have a report on each boat and HP and prop set ups with GPS speeds to make reference to for people looking at the club. If we get serious enough about it, perhaps Iboats will make a separate forum for us to organize all this data.

3rd, I'd like to consider a monthly or quarterly newsletter to send out to keep the club semi-active and would need folks to submit stories, articles, hints and tips, maybe a member boat spotlight segment, etc.

I can't spearhead this whole thing by myself though. I'm the type that has his hands in so many things, that many of those things never get done...so I'm going to need some members to help out with getting this off the ground...that is, if we are serious about starting our "little club"

Or, we can simply have this club be as simple as it gets...Got a boat with a tri hull? You're in the club. Want a sticker to prove it? Contact me. Anything beyond that is between individual members to fill in the blanks.

Gotta know where everyone stands, there's no point in going gung ho on it if this is just meant to be casual.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

I am available to put some time into this, just need to be set upon a task. I like the idea of getting some sense of who and where the members reside, So as to make local get-together possible. Just to get the ball rolling on some info, I will post mine here.

Name: Judge David Ackerson (I prefer Dave or "Your Honor")
Username: JDA1975
Email address: jda_001@msn.com
Location: Cherokee Village, Arkansas (North East Ozarks Region)
Boat brand and designation: 1982 15' Skeeter SS-1 Sport Fisherman (Fish & Ski Model)
Outboard: 1982 Johnson V4 90HP (power tilt/trim)

southkogs

Staff member

Would it be easier/less work to ask the mods for a new forum for the 3V Club? I don't know how that sort of thing works on iboats, but that may be where a couple of people need to volunteer some "mod" time to help out with the addition of a forum. Newsletter/Member Spotlight/etc. could just be a sticky that gets updated each month or quarter.

gettin_wet

Cadet

i am game with a quarterly newsletter... only due to the fact that yes we fish when there is ice, but nothin much goin on with boats. We can do whatever we all decide. i due like the fact of a speadsheet of members/locations...

username: gettin_wet
email: gettin.wet1@gmail.com

JDA1975

Lieutenant

what ever happened, haven't heard much in a month now, we wanna roll with this or is it dead in the water like my boat?

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey everyone: I'm a Johnny-come-lately to the club, and wasn't around when the stickers were being produced. However, my day job is as a designer - so, I thought I'd offer to give the sticker a little more "zing." I stayed with the same basic design, but dressed it up a little. So, here's a look:

View attachment 111700

If y'all like it, I can get red whatever he needs to print them. We can also tweak it some more if you want the design changed or we can also stay with the old design - no offense will be taken, and I'll get one either way :)

Lemme' know what you think.
Maybe something this this could be added for a little humor?

View attachment 120602

southkogs

Staff member

^^^^ post again ... attachment isn't workin' ^^^^

garzilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I want in! Don't know how I missed this thread.....no cool sticker for me though....I don't have PayPal :(

Boats in my avatar...70 Lund triple pickle.....and I think she's tops..lol.
70 Johnson 25hp tiller.....all had for 200 bucks.

Currently working on transom replacement.....well, if working means old is out, and doing homework...

fstorm08

^^^^ post again ... attachment isn't workin' ^^^^

How about this?

smiley_missingtooth.jpg

windshield_time

Seaman Apprentice

This would be great. I get a lot of crud from the other boaters about my boat design. Or maybe it's just ugly :confused: I will PM with information for a sticker. Somebody needs to get the mods to start a Tri-Hull club.

I was once told that Searay called it a Cathedral hull.

1975 Searay srv193
TRI-HULL
Mercruiser Inline 6
Top speed so far, 45 but I know the prop is wrong

Attachments

• P7070061.jpg
    P7070061.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 1

southkogs

Staff member

A Cathedral Hull is a variant of the Tri-Hull. When the center sponson is deeper than the outside two, it's technically a Cathedral Hull. Most of 'em were made that way to help smooth out the ride.

Mine is more a Cathedral than a true Tri-Hull. <<whispers>> But we can still stay in the club :D

fstorm08

LOL!!

I agree... Maybe a few chipped teeth and a few with cracks in them :) :)

southkogs

Staff member

LOL!!

I agree... Maybe a few chipped teeth and a few with cracks in them :) :)

... and because we're mostly 70's vintage, I guess make 'em avacado green. :)

tallcanadian

Captain

I guess it's time for me to come out of hibernation. I don't know how I missed this thread but I do want to bump it to keep it going. Nice job red. I got the stickers and put one on my truck. I'm not sure about the new design, but I'm in no matter what.:D

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't know how I missed this, but here is my tri-hull.
1970 Sportcraft, 70hp Johnson, gps 29.8mph, 15in prop I think. Hope my speed increases with all the work I'm about to do on it.
DSCI00131.jpgDSCI00161.jpg