Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

treecutter

Recruit
Re: Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

75 V178 we've had it on the river for the last two days,I love the old boat, going to rebuild the boat in the fall with a white blue and burgandy theam

Kampj007

Cadet

I wanna join TOO....I am new on here but have learned soooo much from you guys on this site.
Now when i go to ask questions for part2011-05-01 15.06.36.jpg2011-05-01 15.05.56.jpg2011-05-01 15.06.14.jpgs and etc I dont sound like i am a complete NEWBIE!!!

Last edited:

gettin_wet

Cadet

nice lookin boat... well if ya wanna join then please PM redfury for stickers.... they cost 2.50 with max of 4 and he accepts paypal...

thanks for joining

cwcollins06

Seaman

Hey guys, I had no idea there were so many people who loved tri hulls! My Tri hull was my grandfather's and when he passed away my grandmother gave it to me because she couldn't sell it since it needed the transom replaced. That was in high school, and now 10 years later I'm getting her restored! She's in the shop right now getting a new transom, new stringers, new deck, rebuilt carbs, rebuilt fuel pump, new water pump, repaired prop and a rewired electrical system.

I'm not sure I know as much as I want to about the manufacturer, it has original Lonestar decals on it, but it's a 1977 17' Tri and underneath the Logo in fine print it says "By General Fiberglass Mfg., Giddings, TX" Giddings, TX is where Invader boats were built and this hull looks almost exactly like their Capri model, metalflake gel coat and all with only a few minor differences. It has a 1976 85HP Johnson Javelin OB on the back.

My grandmother says they bought it brand new from a dealer in Giddings, TX and talked to someone that actually built this particular boat when they bought it. Only thing I can think of is there was somebody in Giddings building custom boats and buying the hulls from Invader.

Whatever it is, it's a tri hull and it's mine! Count me in the club!

IMAG0140.jpgIMAG0146.jpgIMAG0142.jpg

cwcollins06

Seaman

Hey guys, I had no idea there were so many people who loved tri hulls! My Tri hull was my grandfather's and when he passed away my grandmother gave it to me because she couldn't sell it since it needed the transom replaced. That was in high school, and now 10 years later I'm getting her restored! She's in the shop right now getting a new transom, new stringers, new deck, rebuilt carbs, rebuilt fuel pump, new water pump, repaired prop and a rewired electrical system.

I'm not sure I know as much as I want to about the manufacturer, it has original Lonestar decals on it, but it's a 1977 17' Tri and underneath the Logo in fine print it says "By General Fiberglass Mfg., Giddings, TX" Giddings, TX is where Invader boats were built and this hull looks almost exactly like their Capri model, metalflake gel coat and all with only a few minor differences. It has a 1976 85HP Johnson Javelin OB on the back.

My grandmother says they bought it brand new from a dealer in Giddings, TX and talked to someone that actually built this particular boat when they bought it. Only thing I can think of is there was somebody in Giddings building custom boats and buying the hulls from Invader.

Whatever it is, it's a tri hull and it's mine! Count me in the club!

View attachment 99272View attachment 99273View attachment 99274

Add a fuel/water separator to the list of work being done after reading some of the posts about ethanol on this forum! So much good info here!

sqbtr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm in. Got the missing fillings to prove it

SANY0680.jpg

jacobsenranch

Seaman Apprentice

I want in! My Reniell 73023.jpg015.jpg
I want a sticker!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

pm mike.......redfury....he will have all the detailes.....

uh....sorry..to post on this thread...i do not own a tri hull at the moment.......but i grew up on a t156 glastron with a johnny 70....does that count as an honorary member? lol

redfury

Commander

Ward, I think you get honorary membership in just about any club on this forum for your contributions. :)

redfury

Commander

sqbtr, that's a nice looking Bayliner....good lines..checked out your restoration link on photobucket, I like the wiring job you did-very meticulous.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

lol....thanks mike :D

doral 85hp

Recruit

Hey can I be a long distance member and proudly show off some 3 v decals on my 1977 Doral tri hull?
I am from Corner Brook Newfoundland Canada

redfury

Commander

Hey can I be a long distance member and proudly show off some 3 v decals on my 1977 Doral tri hull?
I am from Corner Brook Newfoundland Canada

You aren't long distance, I've sent stickers to Australia for a member!

fmjnax

Chief Petty Officer

Sign me up! This is the only picture I have right now to prove it's a tri-hull... and a severely beat up one at that! I'm currently doing a complete restore, so I'll have to post a before/after once complete. ;)
20110510152505911.jpg

redfury

Commander

I can't send stickers magically, I need to know where to send them first, so if you want a sticker, you need to PM for more information or send me $2.50 via paypal to redfury111@gmail.com per sticker requested. I'm running low, so you'd be best to PM me to see how many I have and make your request.

southkogs

Staff member

Hey everyone: I'm a Johnny-come-lately to the club, and wasn't around when the stickers were being produced. However, my day job is as a designer - so, I thought I'd offer to give the sticker a little more "zing." I stayed with the same basic design, but dressed it up a little. So, here's a look:

TriHull Club.jpg

If y'all like it, I can get red whatever he needs to print them. We can also tweak it some more if you want the design changed or we can also stay with the old design - no offense will be taken, and I'll get one either way :)

Lemme' know what you think.

redfury

Commander

Southkogs has my blessing, so lets get some feedback. Personally, the "3" was my original sticking point, I thought the rest of the design was awesome, including the "W" that mimicks our hull design in the logo.

AppleValley_Jim

Recruit

How can I join this Tri Hull Club ?? I have a 1973 Tahati 18ft OMC 165 Tri Hull. I want to / need to join this informative club. Thanks In Advance, Jim in Southern California.

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey everyone: I'm a Johnny-come-lately to the club, and wasn't around when the stickers were being produced. However, my day job is as a designer - so, I thought I'd offer to give the sticker a little more "zing." I stayed with the same basic design, but dressed it up a little. So, here's a look:

View attachment 111700

If y'all like it, I can get red whatever he needs to print them. We can also tweak it some more if you want the design changed or we can also stay with the old design - no offense will be taken, and I'll get one either way :)

Lemme' know what you think.

I like it. Maybe incorporate a smiley face missing a tooth?? :)