Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

southkogs

Staff member
Real similar hull to my first boat. That should run pretty well with the 85HP on it. Welcome aboard.

tallcanadian

Captain
hello to all,

I am new boat owner, i got this 1976 VIP tri hull ....the boat is in great shape has a small soft spot but everything else is great. she has a 85 hp johnson outboard motor and i got to start it a bit yesterday....I wanted to join the 3V club....attached is a picture...the only thing i have done to it is buff the hull, put a new navigation light on the back, new automatic bilge pump and will be working to see if the current stereo works or not this weekend coming up...i looking forward to learn from current owners and also post information as i am learning...attached is a pic.... thanks, al

She's a beauty..

Nathan Miles

Cadet
71 Chrysler sport with a 70hp Johnson

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-25-14-53-06.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-25-14-53-06.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_2016-04-25-14-52-59.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-25-14-52-59.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

southkogs

Staff member
Chrysler had some neat hulls in their line up. Kinda' wish I saw more of 'em on the water.

tri76tx

Recruit
Hello, everybody...well i took her out for the first time this saturday and she did just fine.....got her to about 30 mph......I just about have of the gas on a 12 gallon tank that the previous owner game me.......so here is my first rookie boating question? what is the best engine oil i can use to mix for my 1976 85 hp Johnson do i use regular mid grade or high octane? thanks, al

Gonzo1308

Recruit
Hello all. Someone just gifted me a 74 seaswirl with am omc stern drive trihull. Looking forward to working on getting it up and running. Ill post a pictute soon but it'll be great to join the club

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Gonzo:

'74 OMC is gonna' be an interesting ride for ya'. I like the ole' Stringer, but it will make you work on it.

redfury

Commander
I run the 2 cycle oil from Walmart. My neighbor always ran it in his motor that I bought, so I'm sticking with it unless I am convinced otherwise.

gsal

Recruit
Hello all,

I glad I found this group. I jut got my hands on a project, exactly don't know what is it, hull says Glasspar, ID tag says Larson, so, kind of confused in here. My best shot is a Larson, my best bet it's a 1978 Larson 155 Shark....I think.

Anyways, need a lot of work as for know, as you can see in the pictures. But I'll keep you updated with this "little" project I got myself into :joyous:.

o_1462899866_9dfe7bcb7ff62e72ddf31d4e6f517d82.jpg o_1462899817_ad4b99dd31c56495bf7e74f4414c33ec.jpg

southkogs

Staff member
Could be a Glasspar Cutlass too. Check the guts of that boat carefully ... it might be a LOTTA' work getting it back in working order.

Welcome aboard.

gsal

Recruit
Thanks for the welcome! You know what? maybe you're right, seems like a cutlass. I'm checking it thoroughly, hull and joints seem in good shape so far. I'll keep on posting.

Take care

GS

southkogs

Staff member
Hey King:

Ya' may wanna' post that question over in the STEERING and CONTROLS forum. You'll probably get a better pile of answers. You may even wanna' do a search and see if anyone on the boards here has a topic on that conversion.

MOD MOD :smile: EDIT - The post SK is talking about is now over in the S&C section.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingNugz

Cadet
Thanks Southkogs,
I was only posting herr... because I thought maybe the trihull community would have BETTER knowledge of EXACTLY what I was talking about... being the fact our trihull are classics and alot of us have done alot to upgrade our babies...😆

Thats what the hope was... but I will post the question there also... thanks for the help... and I AM hoping someone with a trihull will have some knowledge of this. Thanks.

idriveasaab

Recruit
Well after more wandering I'm glad I found this page. I'm a hopeful future member of the 3v club. I say hopeful because my trihull needs a nice deep cleaning. Thankfully though being a Colorado boat all the wood seems nice. Once I get it cleaned and determine if the spare ford 302 motor needs to go in now or later I have dreams of splashing it before the end of the year.

Sorry to post the picture again but I figured the people in this club would get more excited about getting an old tri going then in the general thread. I know I'm quite excited.

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
I was only posting herr ... being the fact our trihull are classics and alot of us have done alot to upgrade our babies...
No worries. I was leaving your post here 'cuz ya' had a 3V to show off ...

Steering controls actually won't matter too much to the hull style. They matter more to the helm style and the drive.

southkogs

Staff member
Saab: That's a good lookin' boat. Good luck on splashin' her fast.

redfury

Commander
Sitting since at least 93 huh...probably just a ton of dirt to get out of her if its been under that cover all this time.