At the gelcoat stage - help needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morebass 17

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: At the gelcoat stage - help needed!!!

I may have missed it, but what did you do for the air silencer? Those motors are tuned for the having the cover in place, they can run lean without it, not good.

Running filters will probably require rejetting the carbs.

Hi ondarvr, always a pleasure to have your input.
This is still an ongoing modification, last season I ran it without any form of air silencer and instead of running lean it actually ran rich but this was due to fuel delivery pressure being too high. I done away with the oem fuel pump and installed an electric one instead with an adjustable regulator. Fuel pressure should be between 1.5 & 2psi but I found this pressure hard to maintain with this setup. So I am now reverting back to the mechanical/vaccum pump instead. I have also installed individual filters to each carb and will see how this goes this season. The outboard ran ok last season although fuel consumption was far too high, and not sure if this is related to the fuel problem but every now and again I couldnt rev past 3000rpm but majority of the time it reved to 5000rpm which is ideal as far as i know. More adjustments are required this season and as you say possibly re-jetting the carbs may be required. On the plus side the alternator set-up works a treat and supplies all my power hungry equipment with ease. Once I get her back on the water and do some tests I will post back my findings.

johnhoward21

Recruit
Hi everyone
I am looking for a best airless paint sprayer for my home and basic outdoor jobs. My budget is no more than 500$, Can anyone help me suggesting best recommend for me?
Thanks, best regards

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hi everyone
I am looking for a best airless paint sprayer for my home and basic outdoor jobs. My budget is no more than 500$, Can anyone help me suggesting best recommend for me?
Thanks, best regards

Unrelated to morebass's topic, and considered a topic hijack John.

Its been over 3yrs since MoreBass posted here, qell past the 90day inactivity guideline.

topic closed

if you want to ask about basic home use sprayers, do so here:
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/other/non-boating-technical-topics

Status
Not open for further replies.