NEED 211 liberator graphics

thesignguy

Seaman
Re: NEED 211 liberator graphics

Let me know if you need help with these graphics. I can make the exact thing all I need is the dimensions of your existing decals. Shoot me a PM if your interested. Thanks, Sean

m_sherman211

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Brivander,
I make these or I work for a graphics company and we make all kinds of boat lettering and signage. If you need some let me know.
This particular graphic measures 4" x 80" or they can be made larger or smaller.

brivander

Seaman

206735_1994183579427_1388575307_32310347_1069843_n.jpg Ok cool -- I'll post better images tomorrow. I'd like to get some just like these Black/Gray -- whoever put these on actually used two sets and offest them a bit (gray over black), but the gray is cracking and fading badly.

But really anything classy would be ok (i.e. no pink or purple :) ).

brivander

Seaman

Crap and while we are at it, maybe a matching set of Hull #'s would be good...

brivander

Seaman

Here are some pictures -- the one picture shows the overall length taking the whole picture would do you know good if you can't read the tape measure.
photo 11.jpgphoto 22.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto (2).jpg

brivander

Seaman

photo 44.jpg

Oh and from the "L" to the "R' is about 39 inches.

m_sherman211

Petty Officer 3rd Class

brivander. sent me a private message so we can get in contact over phone. I'm going to need a straight on picture of the 221 and the liberator also mc #'s

brivander

Seaman

Brivander,
I make these or I work for a graphics company and we make all kinds of boat lettering and signage. If you need some let me know.
This particular graphic measures 4" x 80" or they can be made larger or smaller.

Picked these up on ebay -- not the colors I like, but we would use as a template, they were asking $49.99 and I offered $25 and they took it, that should be way easier, then we can just make the 221 graphics separately

Liberator Graphics.jpg.

m_sherman211

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Dude. I bought the exact same set and made the exact same offer! they're light gray & black right?
I really just need the template of the 221. No big deal but thats hilarious!

brivander

Seaman

These are White/Black -- do you still have the Gray/Black Ones, or did you use them? These may actually look ok too, not sure, I'll see when I get them, but I'll still need MC #'s and I'm thinking about naming the boat too ("five oh too", is that stupid?). Either way the boat is still at Toledo Beach taking care of some stuff. Then it will come back near you for paint...I'll be in touch over the next week or two to work something out. After your message that day (which still makes me smile) you realize it's a small world :)

Well I really shouldn't comment on the color since I don't have them yet :) We will see, sounds liek they may be the exact same thing you got. And because I am a cheap ***, I wonder if they would have taken $20 :)

m_sherman211

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Mine are white or light sky gray. I still have them. Was going to copy them but I think they wouldn't look right on my boat.
I offered that guy $25 and he countered @ $35 but that was last year. You got a deal! I like the name. Wish I could come up with something cool. Maybe "sweet emotion".

brivander

Seaman

Mine are white or light sky gray. I still have them. Was going to copy them but I think they wouldn't look right on my boat.
I offered that guy $25 and he countered @ $35 but that was last year. You got a deal! I like the name. Wish I could come up with something cool. Maybe "sweet emotion".

If I didn't have kids, I've always wanted a liberator named "Liberate this B$#%tch" Somehow I think the wife wouldn't go for it :)

brivander

Seaman

Yep that is what I got, with a note saying to soak them in water or use a heat gun to apply, they actually sent me three of them, I was thinking that may not be a horrible color, but yes, it is. Is that just because they are old??

Note.jpg

m_sherman211

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I don't know. The ones that I bought look fine. You can tell they're old but the color looks fine to me. Just bring them when I see you and I put them on. When they say to soak them in water makes me scared. I'll take care of it for you.

m_sherman211

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nothing a little bit of vinyl can't cover! Heres a before and after of my cockpit cooler! Changed from dingy white too silver.

Attachments

• DSCN2025.jpg
    DSCN2025.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2022.jpg
    DSCN2022.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 0

m_sherman211

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Forgot to add this picture too.
I don't know if the previous owner never put the stripes back on the transom or the factory just did't do it but here it is. I think it looks good!

Attachments

• DSCN2016.jpg
    DSCN2016.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 0

brivander

Seaman

I had to re-do the cooler on my 211 as well, seems like they all fell apart on those things, that striping does look real nice, summer needs to get here quick...wait a minute, they need to finish with my boat quick so I can get this stuff taken care of!

I've got two props I'm dying to try out on it, just looking all pretty in my garage. I'd love to let you try the one, but I've got the dreaded OMC KC, the 211's LOVE the 21p Ballistic, it was worth about 2mph over the 21p Mirage I had...I saw 51.6 GPS with the Mirage and 53.4 with the Ballistic, same day same conditions about 20 minutes apart, a nice quick back-to-back. What I found with the Ballistic is it actually needed a little more trim than you could get with the "trim" button (seemed like it had more bow lift). I would then just touch the "trailer" trim button and it would pick up about 100rpm. The Mirage didn't like that, the factory "trim" up was about perfect for it. Just in case you hadn't got yours dialed, thought I'd pass that along...

m_sherman211

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I hear ya! Sorry to say but I stuck with what all my bros. said...." STAY AWAY FROM THE OMC " Sorry again. Now I kinda know you so you can let me know how it works out!:p

brivander

Seaman

I'm not so worried about it since I have the cone clutch King Cobra, but if something does go wrong parts are freaking pricey and hard to find. I have also always avoided them, but always said if I found a 221 with the 502 I'd take a chance on it, so hear I am...hopefully it doesn't cost me....