1979 22' Starcraft SuperSport V5 Restoration

Moserkr

Chief Officer + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2021
Ill have to catch up on your thread when I have time cause Im one of those "fresh tin heads" haha. Welcome back, a big v5 SS would be high on my list to own if I had the opportunity. Will be following your next step of sewing seats intently. It's something I would like to learn since my fun budget has gone into the negative due to kids and a ton of hobbies.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
I dug these panels out of the attic tonight. I cut these a long time ago. Going to need to do a little trimming and cut a couple hatch openings and finish coating them in epoxy. Then I’ll cover them in red vinyl.
I’ve been playing with the sewing machine a bit just practicing on some scraps.
IMG_7067.jpegIMG_7066.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7068.jpeg
    IMG_7068.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Finally got the bow seating wood to fit good and the hatches and doors cut. Seemed to take forever, trim a little here, a little there….probably being way too fussy. I’m going to get some new brackets bent up for around the hatches as there are some cracks in the current ones. StarCraft was pretty sloppy making those. Now just coat of epoxy and the wrap them in red vinyl and the front can be put together permanently.IMG_7166.jpegIMG_7167.jpeg

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Random question…..I was gifted this set of Hadley Air Horns years ago and they’re still in the box. Should I put them on the boat?IMG_7242.jpegIMG_4322.jpeg