1979 22' Starcraft SuperSport V5 Restoration

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Got another sticker in the mail today...

The original was "chrome" color. This is the best my guy could do, a printed metallic silver. Looks ok I guess. Maybe I should have gone white...

Thanks to Budski and DozerII, for the reference pics. I lost my tracing that I did a few years ago.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Well the windshield gap being off was bugging me...

So I took the windshield off, pulled the consoles out, and slotted some screw holes a little more. Pretty good now.

I also squeezed the hinge a bit like Glen recommended and most of that play is now gone.

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral
Looking real good DJ, I guess I should have mentiond in my email the decal on my V5 is chrome vinyl.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Last couple evenings spent finishing the consoles and windshield install. Consoles are now screwed to the deck and I'm starting to finish fit the front seating. Have to cut a couple hatches, sand, epoxy and carpet.

Spmething else I wanted to do when mounting things to the painted surfaces (rails and such) was to have a gasket between them to protect the paint. After a little googling I ordered some EPDM rubber sheet. This is basically rubber roofing so it's not affected by UV. I got some 1/16" & some 1/8". To make the grab rail gaskets I rough cut with tin snips, then mounted it with a washer and nut, then carefully trimmed it with an exacting blade which leaves a nice edge on the rubber.

Nice to start seeing some bling on her....

Last edited:

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Very nice Dave, coming along great, good idea on the rubber gaskets.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Just got back from a boat-less week on Lake Leelanau (Michigan). Wasn't able to get a slip for my FourWinns, but starting next year we have a permanent reservation with a slip so that won't happen again.

Anyway, scored a set of Hadley air horns from a friend, the whole kit, Compresser, tank, horns, lines, valves, and fittings. What do you think? Too much? Out of place? If I use them they will have to go on the port side as my VHF antanae is going where they are sitting now. They sound awesome.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Jas would love them

Congrats on a future slip and scoring the horns.

Should certainly get the attention of anyone in front of ya and encourage them to heave ho outta the way..

64osby

Admiral
The way that storm blew through up there maybe it was a good thing that you were boatless, at least on that day.

64osby

Admiral
If you have passengers up front it may scare the crap out of them. Any room to mount the horns up on the bow?