1963 16 ft Starcraft Jupiter restoration

TheWrks

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1963 16 ft Starcraft Jupiter restoration

Looking great... :D:D

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

That ain't no Transom...that's a work of ART!! Great Craftsmanship!!!
great_4.gif

marika19

Cadet

Hey FS no big deal as I am going to take it to the lake and leak check it before I put everything in permanently. I also got some of the decking cut out today and placed which was harder since my old decking was crap. anyway here are some pictures of the decking. here is the first piece:D
DSCF1935.JPG

What type and thickness of plywood did you use? I took the old deck out of my Jupiter and the trash guy was very ambitious and hauled it away before i had a chance to use it as a template....ugh. So I'm not exactly sure how thick it was. I am planning to use exterior glued plywood, my guess is about 5/8", but not sure.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Please don't post to old threads marika. It's not looking like V8 is coming back.

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Please don't post to old threads marika. It's not looking like V8 is coming back.

I am still here EZ. I have been on vacation LOL. actually I am retiring this year and was saving my projects for then but I still am lurking around and sorry I have not been active but will try harder as I have been working but* loads of overtime to help my early retirement. and I only used 1/2 inch plywood for my floor because I beefed up the support structure under the floor.

caswesm

Cadet
Hey v8 did you ever finish your boat? I just picked up the same boat today with a rude 65hp for only $500

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Uhhmmm Caswesm You should familiarize yourself with our forum Rules and Guidelines. They dictate that only the OP can open a thread that's more than 90 days old. This one is over 2 years old. Start a thread with pics and descriptions of your boat and you'll get a lot of input from the members here on the forum

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey v8 did you ever finish your boat? I just picked up the same boat today with a rude 65hp for only $500

V8's last post was after ezmobee made his post over two years ago. So I'll echo ez's post with a minor change - "Please don't post to old threads caswesm. It's not looking like V8 is coming back."

Last edited: