Re: Starcraft Progress

Here's another shot forward.
DSCF1835.JPG

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Another shot and now I am glad I removed the splash well as it was a lot easier to get in there and clean it really good.
DSCF1836.JPG

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Guys how clean do I have to get the under deck area before I gluvit and what shoul I use to clean it thanks.:confused:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I would use TSP to clean it and use a stiff bristle brush. Let it dry for a couple of days then Gluvit.

I'm just sayin...:D

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks woody, I have been reading the other starcraft threads to try and find that but you saved me some time:D

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello all, well I did not get a lot done this weekend as I had other projects to do so I was only able to clean a few of the trim parts that I have pictures of. I was wondering if anyone has painted the aluminum trim parts that do not clean up really good and what you used and thanks in advance for advice.
DSCF1838.JPG

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am glad I removed the splashwell as it is easier to clean.
DSCF1840.JPG

RobbyA

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello all, well I did not get a lot done this weekend as I had other projects to do so I was only able to clean a few of the trim parts that I have pictures of. I was wondering if anyone has painted the aluminum trim parts that do not clean up really good and what you used and thanks in advance for advice.
DSCF1838.JPG

Have you tried this? I want to try it on mine, but need someone to be a guinea pig first. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jdlo-AQoAY

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

another trim piece with a JB weld repair.
DSCF1842.JPG

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

and one more picture of the splashwell that I was grinding on today. One of my projects today was to go to HF and get a new toy. I got one of the soda blasters they have on sale and will try it out next weekend on the inside of the boat to see how well I can clean it up. If I can wait that long to play with it LOL.
DSCF1839.JPG

Last edited:

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

WOW! if that stuff works as good as that video shows it may be worth a try and if not I can always do redneck rental LOL.:D

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1963 16 ft Starcraft Jupiter restoration

Well changed the name but the game is the same. I hope this change will get more views and get my questions answered as I am trying to stay in my thread instead of asking seperate questions as I was told. I will also add a thanks to all who watch and help.:D

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

sorry try to do something and did not work.

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello all, can someone tell me if there is a way to combine my threads into just the one. I changed the names of the titles to all the same as this as I thought they would combine but it did not seem to work or can this even be done. it took me a while just to figure out how to change the title duh.:confused:

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Hello all, can someone tell me if there is a way to combine my threads into just the one. I changed the names of the titles to all the same as this as I thought they would combine but it did not seem to work or can this even be done. it took me a while just to figure out how to change the title duh.:confused:

PM one of the mods, sweet-talking them may work, but bribes are usually a sure bet ;)

just kidding...but do pm one of them for help/support.

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Floats I will give that a try.;)

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello All, well I did not get a lot done this weekend but I got my homemade flipper made. I can now flip the boat an its side and top to work on it.
SDC10085.JPG

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

also did a little trailer work and removed the axle and springs to clean them up and repair as needed. as you can see in the picture no wheels. It was easy to remove as all the bolts and nuts just snapped off LOL.
SDC10084.JPG