1963 16 ft Starcraft Jupiter restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1963 16 ft Starcraft Jupiter restoration

What did you use to patch your aluminum? Looks really solid...

Comment

thanks for all the great pics and ideas..just brought my tired old '61 Jupiter home for a new floor and transom (2nd one)..seeing what you've done makes a full resto look like a better idea but am short on time with fishing season fast approaching & boat has 6" of fresh snow covering it

Comment

What's Happening???
        Dave P.
        1979 22' Starcraft Supersport V5
        w/ 1985 Evinrude 140

My original thread about my boat:
        https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=416445
        My restoration thread:
        https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=427003

1995 FourWinns Freedom 3.0 I/O.

1995 14' SeaFarer LW
        Sold....https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=543525

Comment

Just reading up on the jupiter resto and I was wondering where I could buy some of that lime ZC fuel tank primer. I want to repaint my boat and want the most durable product for a aluminum boat.

Comment

I need pics of the original partd in the bottom IE aluminum braces etc and how the floor attaches to the floor of the boat please

Comment

Looking great...
              My '68 Holiday 18ft I/O Click here for loads of Photos on Flickr!

Comment

That ain't no Transom...that's a work of ART!! Great Craftsmanship!!!
                1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED...Kinda!!
                Fabricating Decks, Stringers, and Transoms
                Paint Your Boat with Tractor Paint...Say What!!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8mgbal View Post
                  Hey FS no big deal as I am going to take it to the lake and leak check it before I put everything in permanently. I also got some of the decking cut out today and placed which was harder since my old decking was crap. anyway here are some pictures of the decking. here is the first piece
                  What type and thickness of plywood did you use? I took the old deck out of my Jupiter and the trash guy was very ambitious and hauled it away before i had a chance to use it as a template....ugh. So I'm not exactly sure how thick it was. I am planning to use exterior glued plywood, my guess is about 5/8", but not sure.
                  sigpicMy first project, Cecilia.

Comment

Please don't post to old threads marika. It's not looking like V8 is coming back.
                    2002 20' Hydra-Sports 202DC 200HP Yamaha HPDI
                    1976 18' Starcraft SuperSport 90HP Evinrude
                    Restoration thread https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=357767

Comment

Originally posted by ezmobee View Post
                      Please don't post to old threads marika. It's not looking like V8 is coming back.
                      I am still here EZ. I have been on vacation LOL. actually I am retiring this year and was saving my projects for then but I still am lurking around and sorry I have not been active but will try harder as I have been working but* loads of overtime to help my early retirement. and I only used 1/2 inch plywood for my floor because I beefed up the support structure under the floor.
                      https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=424635

Comment

• Hey v8 did you ever finish your boat? I just picked up the same boat today with a rude 65hp for only $500

Comment

• Uhhmmm Caswesm You should familiarize yourself with our forum Rules and Guidelines. They dictate that only the OP can open a thread that's more than 90 days old. This one is over 2 years old. Start a thread with pics and descriptions of your boat and you'll get a lot of input from the members here on the forum
                          Last edited by Woodonglass; August 19th, 2014, 03:36 PM.
                          1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED...Kinda!!
                          Fabricating Decks, Stringers, and Transoms
                          Paint Your Boat with Tractor Paint...Say What!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ezmobee View Post
                            Re: 1963 16 ft Starcraft Jupiter restoration

Originally posted by caswesm View Post
                            Hey v8 did you ever finish your boat? I just picked up the same boat today with a rude 65hp for only $500
                            V8's last post was after ezmobee made his post over two years ago. So I'll echo ez's post with a minor change - "Please don't post to old threads caswesm. It's not looking like V8 is coming back."
                            Last edited by GA_Boater; August 19th, 2014, 03:41 PM.
                            BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
                            Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                            That is what the forums are for.
                            Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Working...
                            X