Starcraft emblems or decals

coalminerswife

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The plastic emblems on our 1973 Starcraft are in really bad shape. I've been searching online for replacements but can't seem to locate any. So, it looks like we may have to settle for a decal instead. Does anyone have particular place they recommend for buying boat decals?

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Starcraft emblems or decals

The plastic emblems on our 1973 Starcraft are in really bad shape. I've been searching online for replacements but can't seem to locate any. So, it looks like we may have to settle for a decal instead. Does anyone have particular place they recommend for buying boat decals?

im gonna take the one emblem of mine that is good to a local laser cutting place and see what it would cost to have some made. if you want to wait a while ill let you know. also, if you havent done it yet scroll down to the bottom of the site till the page turns blue. thats the manufacturers section and look us up in the STARCRAFT section. drop in and say hi and maybe post some pics of the starcraft. there is alot of helpful info there and alot of really good people that love their starcrafts especially if its aluminum. theres a guy there " northbeach " that had emblems made in the same manner im going to but i think he is out of them and not making anymore. anyway, stop by CBG

-DannyBoy-

Seaman

I'm with ya. I actually have none of the original emblems on mine, just the old, worn out rubber step-pads. I'd love to have a new set of those...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I have these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Star...at_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item27b39b3a98

DSCF2389.jpg

coalminerswife

Petty Officer 3rd Class

im gonna take the one emblem of mine that is good to a local laser cutting place and see what it would cost to have some made. if you want to wait a while ill let you know. also, if you havent done it yet scroll down to the bottom of the site till the page turns blue. thats the manufacturers section and look us up in the STARCRAFT section. drop in and say hi and maybe post some pics of the starcraft. there is alot of helpful info there and alot of really good people that love their starcrafts especially if its aluminum. theres a guy there " northbeach " that had emblems made in the same manner im going to but i think he is out of them and not making anymore. anyway, stop by CBG

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I see pretty much every manufacturer except Starcraft.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

You might try sending a pm to Bret{screen name - wrfalpacas} and see if he's still moulding-making/offering some...does/did an awesome job...heres a shot of mine from him, though it{picture} doesn't do them any justice...
minidscf1651.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I got mine from the fella my comrades mentioned above, his name is David and he is great! He made these for my boat...
P1020457.jpg

and these for my trailer...
P1020456.jpg

I am a long way off from sticking them, though. Someday!

coalminerswife

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I saved the original emblems when my husband pulled them off the boat. A little chunk broke off one corner of one. However, we still have the missing chunk, and it could probably be glued back on. The other one has some dents, scratches, and pock mark type damage. I was wondering if there was some way to fill in the dents. Then, we could paint them. They have been painted on, it appears, as parts of them are white, and parts are black, so we'd have to paint them anyway if we used them.

Is there some kind of filler product out there for plastic?

Wingedwheel

Lieutenant Junior Grade

When I needed new decals for an old Merc I restored, I took a pic I got online of what I wanted to a local graphics shop that makes signs and lettering for businesses, told them the size I wanted and they made both for about $20.

Attachments

• Meyers Boat 002 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    Meyers Boat 002 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 0

coalminerswife

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'd love to have someone make some metals ones, but we will probably have to settle for decals, in which case, I want them to be blue to match my blue seats. I have a friend who may be able to make the decals.

coalminerswife

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I found a place to make the emblems out of metal, and I love them. I sent them a photo of the old emblem via email, and they cut and shipped the new ones the same day. It's called Kentucky Laser Products, and their website is www.autoplates4u.com

Old plastic emblem:

100_2344-1.jpg

New metal emblems:

100_2370.jpg