Painted on Graphics and Lettering

drewpster

Commander
I was thinking of adding a small badge or a boat name to the tri-hull I am working on. I know of a couple of graphics guys locally that do some custom work on cars. Do any of you body work types know what kind of paint I should use that would be compatible with Interlux Perfection. I know it contains silicone and I am concerned that any standard paint that a car guy would use would come off over time. Interlux offers a boot stripe paint in a small can, but they do not offer a color I want. I thought about some vinyl stickers, but I prefer paint. Frankly I think hiring a talented graphics person would be cheaper than a custom sticker. All I want is a small lettered name and maybe a badge of some kind. Do we know of a compatible paint?

Re: Painted on Graphics and Lettering

I would go with vinyl too. Easy to apply, remove and/or replace.

Re: Painted on Graphics and Lettering

You would be much better off going w/ the vinyl. As for the color you want you have to avenues; The first is to go to the local sign company & ask to see one of their color charts & make sure to look at their high performance vinyl chart. The high performance is thinner but is made to last a lot longer in the elements & has a more agressive adhesive if you can't find the color you want then the 2nd option would be to find a sign company in the area that has a large format printer that way they can print onto the raw white material any color you could find by PMS chart or otherwise. The way the printing will work is they will print it & let it sit for a a day for the ink to cure. They then should laminate it w/ a high performance laminate like they would use on a car / boat wrap. Now as for the design, I'm a designer & if you have an idea of what you'd like PM me & maybe we can make that idea a tangible custom decal. I can do the art work & send it to you in a file that the sign co. would need to just plug & print.