Need Sylvan Manuals

zman457

Recruit
Howdy all,
Long time reader, 1st. time poster here. Dad and I recently purchased a 1987 Sylvan 21' Rodmaster with a 115hp Merc. :D It is a rebuild that was started and was given up on. I am in need of a owners manual and a wiring diagram for it. I have already tried to contact Sylvan (waiting on return call) to get them. I just wanted to give a shout out to see if anyone might have a manual or diagram that is on computer file that they could send to me. Thanks for the informative reading, learning lots everyday. Eric

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Need Sylvan Manuals

Welcome to iboats.

Manual..... good luck. Most owner's manuals only contain safety items.....

You need the manual for your outboard AND you need to visit the Electronics section where we have included diagrams http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

What kind of restoration are you doing?

zman457

Recruit

When we got the boat the owner had gutted it and had it repainted. With a little buffing it looks like it will shine up again. He had a brain anurism and now he can't remember how the boat goes back together. Thats when we stepped in. We are dry fitting the floor to put back in now. The sidewall pannels, electrical, center console, and all seating need to be done as well. I will have the kids help me post a couple of pics. The motor manual is on the list to pick up already. I was really hoping that Sylvan could help us with the layout of where the center console goes, and the wiring. I will check out the link you put up as well.

Thanks for the heads up. Eric

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yes there are wiring diagrams in there ;)

The gauges go where you want them....... the layout is personal preference..... however make a post in the Sylvan forum asking for dash layout photos....... if you get no response there then we can MOVE the post to a place where it might get response. http://forums.iboats.com/Sylvan_Boats

zman457

Recruit

Just got done printing a few wiring diagrams, they will help alot. The dash and gauges are intact, just wanted some sort of idea on what all these wires go to. It may be easier to just rewire the whole thing. I have been searching for photos of the boat with not much luck. I'll try the Sylvan forum for pics. Thanks for the help. Eric

R.E.M

Recruit

Hi.. How did you make out finding a Manual? I am looking for a manual and wiring diagram for a 1991 17 ft Sylvan Eliminator . Any help would be appreciated . Ralph