New build crackerbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Re: New build crackerbox

so how fast was she running? I'd love to know what your setup is running!

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class

My gauge only goes up to 50mph and she went on a bit after that :D I will have to bring a GPS with me next time to get a true reading, I'm to old for this speed thing I should have built her 30 years ago also the wife up'ed my life assurance this week after watching me :joyous:

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Couple questions if you don't mind, I quite jealous but I also admire your toy.

What kind of gas does it run on?
Does the wind screen help or are you catching some wind/moisture?

I love the "look" of the low wind screen, but here in Michigan, flat water is rare. I will replace the stock wind screen on my Lone Star, I really like the look of yours.

From 2 feet of snow, here's a Michigan salute!!

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class

She runs on unleaded petrol and as I'm 6"4 the windscreen is more of a windbreaker and to deflect any water that comes over the bow infact it's more for decoration than anything else :D

Couple questions if you don't mind, I quite jealous but I also admire your toy.

What kind of gas does it run on?
Does the wind screen help or are you catching some wind/moisture?

I love the "look" of the low wind screen, but here in Michigan, flat water is rare. I will replace the stock wind screen on my Lone Star, I really like the look of yours.

From 2 feet of snow, here's a Michigan salute!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wow, great build and very cool boat!! Im building something of the same shape.... but fiberglass.. I am pretty sure i just found my next project!!! Thanks for sharing your build.

MikDee

Banned

Cheers guy's best fun I have had on the water yet:) frightened the life out of me going that fast so close to the water:eek:, now how much more HP would I get if I changed to an aluminium manifold and a 4 barrel carb :lol:

I could watch that boat all day, moving or sitting,,, a lot like a pretty woman! :love: Isn't there a 4bbl carb on it now?

Last edited:

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Guy's I'm still playing around with her adding bit's and pieces as I come across them.:D

10157225_10200850058092099_9119413323291952316_n_zpsc190ca24.jpg

Tnstratofam

Commander

If the Dos Equis Guy had a boat this would be it, and I think he would have to change his catch phrase to " Stay Fast My Friends! "

Absolutely stunning boat..

jbcurt00

Staff member
Just read thru the loss and recovery posts, sorry to hear you still havent found her. On my droid cell the loss is on about page 42.

Glad another boater was close by and you made it ashore safely.

Best of luck as the search continues.

Want me to add a link to the loss to the end of your completed project topic?

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just read thru the loss and recovery posts, sorry to hear you still havent found her. On my droid cell the loss is on about page 42.

Glad another boater was close by and you made it ashore safely.

Best of luck as the search continues.

Want me to add a link to the loss to the end of your completed project topic?

Thanks, yep that would great if you could add the link.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
I had been away from the forums for a while and forgot about this build . When the thread popped up I said oh ya I gotta see how this came out. Imagine my surprise to see that not only did you do an awesome job on it that you also lost her to the murky deep.

Glad you're no worse for the wear and seriously sucks she's gone, good luck on finding her.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sean, that sucks!! Im glad your OK. Olds Cool was beautiful, I wish you luck in the recovery.

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sean, that sucks!! Im glad your OK. Olds Cool was beautiful, I wish you luck in the recovery.

Cheers guy's, I see your a Glastron owner I actually bought one to use as a search boat a SSV 178 and like most old boats here in Ireland it needed a total rebuild of the stringers and transom.

She is back together now and fitted with sonar and a TV connected to an underwater camera.:joyous: just waiting on a wooden steering wheel.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I just read thru all of the posts about old.. man my heart goes out to ya , cant believe you guys have had so many false positives, that place is a bone yard huh , hopefully this spring you will find her , id never give up its a quest!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Closed. Sean will update if he finds her. No good news in over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.