1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

Well, when I Retire, I've got a trip to FLO-REEE-Da in my Crystal Ball for sure. But there's a good chance that by then, I will have probably worn out my welcome and everyone will have changed their addresses!!!!:rolleyes:

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

A get together of some sort would be a lot of fun. Tug o war between tinnies and itchies, battery placement seminars, rotten transom toss, cake decorating with 5200, sewing for fun and profit, neat things you can do with peanut butter, the activities are endless.

jbcurt00

Staff member

A get together of some sort would be a lot of fun. Tug o war between tinnies and itchies, battery placement seminars, rotten transom toss, cake decorating with 5200, sewing for fun and profit, neat things you can do with peanut butter, the activities are endless.
I nominate Lokonn for Julie McCoy duty at the get together ^^^ :rolleyes:

If you have to ask who she is, you're too young, so forget it.

Triton II

Commander

If you have to ask who she is, you're too young, so forget it.

Err, JB, I have no idea what you're talking about, but unfortunately that doesn't make me young! :(

TII

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Err, JB, I have no idea what you're talking about, but unfortunately that doesn't make me young! :(

TII
She was the Cruise Director on a 1977-1987 tv show called The Love Boat.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

OK If I remember Right sombody started puttin together some kind of a Location Map of where Everybody was located. If I'm wrong then Somebody NEEDS to do that so we could figure out a Centralized location where we could Make an attempt to CONGREGATE!!! JBC are you the one that did that???

jbcurt00

Staff member

OK If I remember Right sombody started puttin together some kind of a Location Map of where Everybody was located. If I'm wrong then Somebody NEEDS to do that so we could figure out a Centralized location where we could Make an attempt to CONGREGATE!!! JBC are you the one that did that???
I didn't put one together, but I certainly can....

Boom
, DONE:
Iboats member map

Please pass it along. NOTE: I don't mind a good, friendly, occasional drubbing via the glass VS tin debate, so both tin & glass 'pinnings' as certainly welcome.

Directions for adding your 'pin':

Under the Additions tab, please select Add Marker - Detailed

Fill in the details you feel relevant. As the iboats forum links to the map are going to be public, and the map is public, I'd strongly recommend adding only details you would to a public forum. City/State is sufficient. Please DO NOT include ph#'s, physical/email addresses. You can add pix of your boat as an avatar, and any other details in your description is good. I added some of my signature links info. And there is the option of linking back to the iboats forums.

I used my iboats user name/id to mark my pin, so it'd be easier to put me @ the map w/ me here @iboats. If another iboats member wants to contact you, they can do so via the iboats PM system.

As the map fills w/ pins, you can look under the View tab & select Show list. That will bring up an alphabetical list of the user names. If you use your iboats id, I can click your user id & the map will highlight your pin. If I click a mapped pin, the map will display any info you've detailed.

Anyone interested can copy & paste this as they see fit. So please share it. I have PM'd it to some of my frequent iboats contacts.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member

lakelover

Rear Admiral

I'm on the SC map, but I don't even see a join/register option on this new one. I've been on the SC one for some time, so I'm registered there at Zeemaps.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I'm on the SC map, but I don't even see a join/register option on this new one.

Odd, even when I sign out, I can add pins to the new one. Just added my wife. Then deleted it. Struck me as odd that I could delete the pin, if I wasn't logged in as admin..... Have to think about this a bit.........

lakelover

Rear Admiral

I tried it in Explorer too, instead of my usual Firefox. In both I see the tabs on the SC map, but not the iboats map...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Iboats member map

^^^ corrected link, I copied the URL to DISPLAY the map, rather then the link to the member map. I also correct the posted link in my initial post.

Let me know if it 'works' now.

PM your way Mike..........

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Ok It seems to be working now!!!! Let the Mapping Begin!!! Once we start getting the map filled with locations, I'll start looking for a Centralized location and possibly a Body of Water for a Host Site!

If I win the Lottery...I'll Pay for everyone's expenses to drag their boats and Families to the Festivities. I SAID IF I win the Lottery!!!!!:lol::laugh:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Suppose now it should be pinned to a sticky huh?

lakelover

Rear Admiral

I'm in now! Thanks for the work on this.

Woody, keep buyin' those tickets!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I updated my Signature with a Link to the Map. If anyone's interested in Mapping their location for the Possible Get-Together they can click on the link and then add their Map Point to the Map. We'll see how it progresses. Any body got any lucky numbers!!!!:eek:

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

I'm located. Again great idea!