1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

jbcurt00

Staff member
Mike,
Saw this at work today, for some reason I thought of you.
20181020_162404.jpg
Yep, 33gal~10lbs of Cab-o-Sil

Happy 46th!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well, you should NEVER run out of Peanut Butter. Especially on those ALUMINUM boats of yours!!!!!:lol::D:faint2:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Shop Update..
My son came over on Monday and we got All the interior OSB walls installed. I've decided NOT to paint them sooooo Today I moved in the Table Saw, Jointer Dust Collector, and Planer. Gunna start building Worktables and Cabinets. Woo Hoo it woin't be long now!!! Insulation will be installed at the top of the walls too!!

IMG_0210.JPGIMG_0207.JPG56202301177__47DA4A68-CA18-4860-A092-723A449E15FA.JPG56202299230__7326FD1C-1DA7-4912-B625-60CB0C05601F.JPG56202302632__34E473FE-BDDA-402F-87E5-20A48DB633FF.JPG

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well, my Son said it best...Dad, you're a wood guy, this is a Wood Shop, not a paint shop! I had to agree. My original thought I needed it for more light but...It's Plenty bright. I used a unique lighting fixture that holds 5 - 100watt LED bulbs. I installed 5 of them. It's Bright.I have on 8' fluorescent and five of these.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Splitter.JPG Views:	1 Size:	11.2 KB ID:	10673019

zool

Captain
Ive been eyeing up Grizzly jointers like that on CL Mike....looks great with the TS too!....Ive been redoing my woodshop area for the past few weeks now, the back to the skiff.

oldrem

Commander
That looks fantastic Mike! I'm as jealous as anyone. You have exactly what I've dreamed of for years.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Echoing others - looks great, similar dream (inching toward it daily), make a place to sleep in there.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, experience, and pics. All the best to you and your family!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I've been buying and using Grizzly tools for 15 years. I actually went to Springfield MO. and picked up the Saw from their Factory outlet there. The Jointer is a Straight Blade with 4 blades. The spiral head for the 8" jointer is $450 soooo Being the COB that I am I went with the straight blades. I have a TORMEK Water wheel soooo I can resharpen them and my planer blades and get professional results. Once I get all set up I'm gunna advertise for sharpening planer and jointer blades. The Tormek makes it Soooo easy to do and they are RAZOR sharp. The Saw is a 10" Cabinet Saw but it's the 2hp Hybrid Model not the 3hp. It's been super dependable and accurate. I got the 50" extension arms and built the table and Mobile base so it's easy to roll around. Had the 220 outlet set in the concrete so no issues with the cord getting in the way. It'll be under the outfeed table. I'm making a HUGE 5x8 outfeed table that will be my assembly table etc. It'll have 2-3 woodworking vices and a shelf underneath for clamp storage. I have about 30 bar clamps of various lengths so I need a lot of storage area for them. Will be working mainly on this table and all the workbenches I'll have about 65' of workbenches lining 3 of the walls. A 30 foot wall of Pegboard and a 20 ft wall of cabinets and shelves. I HOPE it's enuf to store all my Stuff. I've accumulated a lot of hand tools etc over the past 45 years. Not sure I'll have room for a cot and a TV but...I might try. My industrial Walking Foot sewing machine will be in there too. Gunna have to make a dust cover for it though!!!
I'll keep you all updated as I make progress. I got bored last month and took a part time job with an Upscale Furniture company doing repairs on their furniture and making house calls. I only work 3 days a week for 4 hours a day. Gotta make some extra cash to pay for everything I want to put in my Shop!!!!!

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
archbuilder I agree with Woodonglass ... grizzly tools are great! Pretty much all small shop /hobbyist equipment is made overseas anyways... I think even powermatic manufacturers in Taiwan now. Also, a lot of stuff that jet manufactures is made in the same exact factory as grizzly and some other brands.

I love my grizzly jointer (just wish it was an 8") and my bench top planer just took a poop so I've been looking at grizzly floor standing planers but just dont really have the floor space.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
To all iBoat Members I wanted to say I Hope this Easter, finds you Healthy and Blessed!!! I for one had a Glorious Day with both My Son's Family and My Daughter's. My son is the Head Minister at "The Well Church" in Edmond, OK and my Daughter has her own Home Staging and Interior Decorating Business. 4 Fantastic Grandkids and of Course My Admiral.
I sincerely hope all of you had an equally wonderful Day.

I hope you take the time to reflect on the Importance of this day, In all Of our Lives!!!

Keep up with your Great work, and your contributions to the Internets "BEST" Boat restoration Forum